• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed - Thank you Everyone

60 posts in this topic

I hope that room is dark most of the time. Otherwise, displaying books like that will lead to fading. I think there's been discussion by mschmidt and others that UV protection glass doesn't really guard against that.

Colors look nice now though.

The beautiful oranges on that Showcase 4 aren't exactly colorfast.

Please close the blinds. This is really making my OCD go haywire.

:eek:

:fear:

I hope that room is dark most of the time. Otherwise, displaying books like that will lead to fading. I think there's been discussion by mschmidt and others that UV protection glass doesn't really guard against that.

Colors look nice now though.

The beautiful oranges on that Showcase 4 aren't exactly colorfast.

Please close the blinds. This is really making my OCD go haywire.

:eek:

:fear:

Sadly, that's one of the reasons I've decided to sell the books - I've realized that most of the rooms I'm in are filled with light, and don't really have the right space to preserve these books long-term ...

and the books have only been in that room for 1 month, and I do close the blinds much of the time... so I do believe the colors are safe ...

Now, here's a part where if anyone is inclined, I'd appreciate some expert feedback. meh

Here are the narratives, and there's some comic history here (and some personal history as well) that I think is accurate.

Enjoy the reading (if you're so inclined):

ComicBooknarrative.jpg

ComicBooknarrative-1.jpg

How can I not help a fellow collector in the same field of employ? :foryou:

Go to the very first post in the thread.

Choose the Edit option at the bottom of that post.

When editing the text, the subject line is also available to change (it will appear above the body of the text itself in a seperate box above all of the posting icon smilies).

(thumbs u

All I can say is do you wanna adopt me?

:signfunny: Thanks for the smile. I'd be happy to adopt you - does that mean I get to adopt your collection too?

If this is any indication of your other books,

my collection would be your reader copies lol

Good luck with the sale. Just a matter of time, I'm sure.

Not too many SC #4's being offered for sale lately.

:signfunny: Thanks for the smile. I'd be happy to adopt you - does that mean I get to adopt your collection too?

Flash silver age is always tough to find....i want a sc4 so bad and it hurts to see one still here.

Thanks for the encouragement that it's just a matter of time.

I think so too.

I thought I'd start with the boards and see if any of the sweet folks here were interested.

Hopefully, I'll find a buyer sooner than later...

Cool, the two most important books of the silver age! I know it would be tough to break up that beautiful set, especially with the nice display case, but it does make it less affordable for many to have to buy them both together and it may be worth trying to break them up to sell separately and then you can still sell the case separately. It sounds like some people would really like that case to display for their own books! Just an idea if for if you don't get any bites on those beauties. :)

Good Luck!

Thanks TC33, for the suggestions...

I'm quite willing to sell the books separately, as well as the case...

I thought it might be simpler to sell as a set, if someone wanted it that way, but I'd welcome posts/PMs from folks who are interested in any of the 3 items (AF 15, SC 4, and the case itself)...

Also, if the whole set doesn't sell in a couple of weeks, I'll likely just begin to post the books and case separately and see what happens...