• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schedule for Grading posted by Jesse Montalto

18 posts in this topic

How long does this take!

We have 30 modern comic books that have been sitting in verified mode for almost 3 months, now they have been sitting in "schedule for grading" for the past 2 weeks. I would eventuall like to get these books back by sometime next Summer...

See more journals by Jesse Montalto

So looking at my order today, they have reverted back to "scheduled for grading" and the grades are gone.

I have had this happen on one or two single books but never on the whole order ? In my case, after the grades were assigned and the books sent to encapsulation, it was decided that because of an overhang the books could not be safely encapsulated.

I'd say it probably has something to do with the time it takes to train someone and the quality of their work, whether it be too stringent or not enough. It would be nice to see them hire on maybe one or two people that do some other job within CGC 4 or 5 months of the year and then could be "repurposed" for convention season. That's totally a management call and what that other job the people would do....who knows. I'm sure someone near the top is looking at options.

It does drive you crazy doesn't it..... I know they get behind during the convention season but I just don't get why they don't hire some pt or temp help??

It's not like you can walk down to AccounTemps or Manpower and get experienced reliable comic graders. :makepoint: