• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparkle City Comics-part 2?

48 posts in this topic

Saw this over at Scoop:

Schutzer Launches Sparkle City Comics

Brian Schutzer, CEO of Neat Stuff Collectibles, has announced that his is reviving Sparkle City Comics, a name familiar to many who have been around the comic industry for at least a few years.

Schutzer started Neat Stuff Collectibles over 10 years ago, since then Neat Stuff Collectibles has established itself as one of the top buyers and sellers of comic books, toys, sports, music and all other collectibles.

He said he saw a niche in the market for a seller willing to turn over entire collections in more of a wholesale format.

“While most dealers prefer to piece out every single item, Neat Stuff Collectibles has focused on velocity and volume in order to establish what is now the only comic books and other stuff entire collection wholesaler in the industry,” he said. In other words, “Neat Stuff Collectibles invented its own market.”

He said that over the past few years he has focused on original comic book artwork and established Brian Howard Art through which he has become known as a top buyer for the material. The experience and contacts made through that process have encouraged him to turn his attention to rare, vintage, high grade comic books.

He said the first Silver Age comic book he ever purchased was a Fine copy of Amazing Spider-Man #14 from the original Sparkle City Comics at a convention in New York City. It helped him get hooked on collecting and still stands out in his mind among his favorite experiences in the hobby, he said.

In announcing his new Sparkle City Comics, he said it is his intention to re-establish that name at the pinnacle of the hobby. He will present weekly and event auctions on eBay featuring what he describes as “a constantly fresh array of CGC comics of stunning magnitude and scope.”

Additionally he promoses, “For consignors an unbeatable 10 days to get paid, 10 days to sell, and the lowest commissions in the industry with no buyer's premium. For buyers, true, honest no-reserve auctions.”

Gee, I wonder if Fantasia - 2 is coming next?

Who wants to bring back that legacy to it's former greatness? :jokealert:

Have you considered changing the name of your business to "Vincent's Collectibles"?

If Bob' becomes Vincents then, *gasp* he would eventually become Metro...and by then he really would be able to make the wheels turn!

Its like some bad DC Earth 2 plot.

I think the Sparkle City name should have been left to RIP...Some songs shouldn't be remade.

I already noticed the name on eBay

Me too. I was really surprised to see it. Sparkle City was a fixture at all of the shows I went to in the late seventies and early eighties. :preach:

Wonder how much they paid to get the name from Jay? I'm not a huge fan of this move, but who knows, maybe it will work for them.

Yeah when I seen the name Sparkle City Comics on Ebay I then thought that Jay came out of retirement? hm

I thought the same thing. I remember well Sparkle City having one of the first displays as you walked into the old Chicago Con at the Ramada. They did have a huge selection of primo stuff.

DR.X

i think it's a brilliant move; what sells better than nostalgia? i'm vaguely recalling sheep images on backing boards, those should be revived as well.

There will be sheep! (thumbs u

Have you gotten any of the books graded yet from the original owner collection?

WTTB and when are you gonna list the original owner SA collection?

Thanks!

We will start listing the books in mid to late September. We will give everyone plenty of advance notice via scoop, board posts and promotional info in our auctions.

In the meantime we will continue posting weekly no reserve auctions.

We'll also be running an impressive Golden Age event auction sometime in October.