• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To my East Coast comic buddies...

144 posts in this topic

I live in a really flood prone town, Hoboken NJ. This storm is not good at all! i am expecting to get alot of water in my house. Its not a madatory evacuation yet...But I am sure the mayor will issue that today some time...since New York had done it. I live in a duplex on the ground floor.....I have moved all my comics and good stuff up to the second floor. And the real bad part is I am a cop in my town...and have been ordered to work tom. at 4PM. My wife is leaving with my 3 dogs to her moms house...and shes freaking cause I have to stay. Its going to be a bad next few days!

Just got word that my parents got a "mandatory evacuation" in Coney Island. Leaving work early to go get them to leave. They are stubborn and dont want to leave because they are 22 flights up. Im probably gonna just stay there with them.

Why would you compound one bad choice with another? Either go get them or stay away, but don't go stay with them. :screwy:

Just got word that my parents got a "mandatory evacuation" in Coney Island. Leaving work early to go get them to leave. They are stubborn and dont want to leave because they are 22 flights up. Im probably gonna just stay there with them.

Why would you compound one bad choice with another? Either go get them or stay away, but don't go stay with them. :screwy:

Cause they are my parents and im not leaving them alone. Its like saying New Mexico is not a state so i cant ship there. :screwy:

Jeff's parents are incredibly special people, I wouldn't leave them alone either, you can bring the up here...

Does the building have an emergency generator?

If not, Jeff...make them leave...they won't be able to get down from the 22nd floor if there is a power outage and they are expecting them to last for a while.

I live at the Jersey Shore. I am extremely nervous... Leaving is not an option for me. So I am strapping down for the ride. I pray this thing peters out or changes direction. Eff the slabs I have a 2 year old and Jess is due in 10 days. I hope my family and I do well.. Good luck to everyone else on the EC, I wish you all well. I hope for nothing but the best for all of us.

I live at the Jersey Shore. I am extremely nervous... Leaving is not an option for me. So I am strapping down for the ride. I pray this thing peters out or changes direction. Eff the slabs I have a 2 year old and Jess is due in 10 days. I hope my family and I do well.. Good luck to everyone else on the EC, I wish you all well. I hope for nothing but the best for all of us.

Be safe Pat.

Be safe Pat.

Same to you and the Family.

Cause they are my parents and im not leaving them alone. Its like saying New Mexico is not a state so i cant ship there. :screwy:

Saying that would just make you twice as crazy.

Stay safe Pat.I hope that maybe you could go to a relative for a few days ? :wishluck:

:insane: Then im crazy. But i do know New Mexico is a state.

:insane: Then im crazy. But i do know New Mexico is a state.

That, and the quality of your service, is why you get my business. (thumbs u

Good luck man. :wishluck:

I'll say some prayers for everybody. My street doesn't tend to be flood prone, but this whole thing is getting nerve wracking. I hope everything works out for the best for everyone.

I live in a really flood prone town, Hoboken NJ. This storm is not good at all! i am expecting to get alot of water in my house. Its not a madatory evacuation yet...But I am sure the mayor will issue that today some time...since New York had done it. I live in a duplex on the ground floor.....I have moved all my comics and good stuff up to the second floor. And the real bad part is I am a cop in my town...and have been ordered to work tom. at 4PM. My wife is leaving with my 3 dogs to her moms house...and shes freaking cause I have to stay. Its going to be a bad next few days!

Good luck man, and stay safe! I was supposed to be hanging out in Asbury Park this weekend with some friends, but those plans changed real fast...