• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

I would also recommend calling CGC and get the notes on the First grade to see what kept the book from a 9.8.

There is very little chance that there are grader's notes on a Copper or modern 9.8 or 9.6.

I would also recommend calling CGC and get the notes on the First grade to see what kept the book from a 9.8.

There is very little chance that there are grader's notes on a Copper or modern 9.8 or 9.6.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

+2

There may not always be notes, but it does not hurt to call and ask. I have called on several of my 9.6 to inquire as to why they were not 9.8 when I thought the books should have been 9.8s. Esp when I have 2 copies of the same comic and my 9.6 looks better than my 9.8. CGC has always been able to provided info on my 9.6 books. This may no be the case for everyone, but again, it does not hurt to call and fine out.

I'll try it with an email to CGC, if I get no answer I call. You have to remember, that I'm from Austria and it might cost a little bit ti call.

Thanks to all for you help

Those grade drops are very common - about 1 in every 10 I send out has a grade drop.

I recently had one that was a CGC 9.8 that was signed and came back a 9.4, upon some examination I saw that there was a major ding in one of the corners!!! Obviously got damaged while getting signed or re-slabbed... I was disappointed but it's just part of the risk... It's one of the things that makes a nice high grade SS comic even more special.

P.S. - This was NOT a DWC signing - I'd have to look back but I actually think I have a much higher percentage of returning 9.8's when I send it off to Desert Winds - just FYI.

Those grade drops are very common - about 1 in every 10 I send out has a grade drop.

I recently had one that was a CGC 9.8 that was signed and came back a 9.4, upon some examination I saw that there was a major ding in one of the corners!!! Obviously got damaged while getting signed or re-slabbed... I was disappointed but it's just part of the risk... It's one of the things that makes a nice high grade SS comic even more special.

P.S. - This was NOT a DWC signing - I'd have to look back but I actually think I have a much higher percentage of returning 9.8's when I send it off to Desert Winds - just FYI.

hm

Just to verify, DWC was out of town this past weekend at the So Cal Comic Con in northern San Diego county. They spent the rest of the weekend visiting family and friends in Southern California, so hopefully by today they are back home and will be able to respond soon.

Yes,...

Chandler shoot me a PM today.

Not that it looks like that I get nervous, if they do not respond immediately, but it was almost 2 months without any sign of life.

But thank guys for your advices.