• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

I think most of us are ok with waiting on books - especially when it's a sketch opportunity where the artist has to juggle the commissions in-between his regular work. And I think everyone also knows that sometime it's impossible to get a certain signature at show due to reasons beyond the control of the facilitators - which can result in either a delay (because they'll have to wait to the next show to try again) or a book being returned unsigned.

What galls me, however, is not being updated when there's a significant delay - it doesn't matter how busy the facilitator is, how many shows they're doing, or how much they're in need of vacation time, not letting your customers know what the status is on their books is just lousy customer service.

Mine was just 4 sigs.

I'm still waiting on 4 Rick Leonardi books from way back in like April/May.. :/

Are these still from the Dallas show? Good lord, I got my books from Dallas a couple of months ago, even the Economy subs...

Yep.

They "forgot" to get Rick to sign and said they were going to try to get them done in Charlotte or Philly or something. They could be still at CGC, I really have no idea.

I sent 6 books to DWC for NYCC.

He said that they were on route to CGC.

I hope I don't have to wait too long for my books :eek:

I believe CGC received these books on Nov 2nd.

For those that received an invoice from DWC, did you have to email them for one or was it sent automatically?

DWC sent the invoices Automatically, and my books were received at CGC on NOV 29th

I haven't receive a invoice yet :eek:

Does CGC have the books or does DWC?

DWC...they told me, that they have sent them out to me. I asked, like 3-4 times for a tracking number. Last answer was, they got the package back,...I don't know why...and that they on vacation.

Vacation is ok...everyone deserves it. I thank them for that chance to get such signatures or sketches...but like mschmidt said, what me bothers is the lack of information.