• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norris sez Labor Day approaches...buy reading material or else!!!

200 posts in this topic

lol It is a nice looking cover...probably one of my favorites that is not WWII related!

:hi: Andy...looks like you have been doing some smart shopping lately...picked up a few books from Frank myself :whee:

awesome! which books, if you don't mind? it started when i asked him to buy his #12 early on and then the floodgates opened up! that with #10 were my 2 biggies! So psyched to get them!!!!

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

lol It is a nice looking cover...probably one of my favorites that is not WWII related!

:hi: Andy...looks like you have been doing some smart shopping lately...picked up a few books from Frank myself :whee:

awesome! which books, if you don't mind? it started when i asked him to buy his #12 early on and then the floodgates opened up! that with #10 were my 2 biggies! So psyched to get them!!!!

X-Men 28 - CGC 9.2

X-Men 53 - CGC 9.0

X-Men 54 - CGC 9.0

Marvelfangirl gets first refusal on this (asking if I had other X-Men reading material). I do, and here they are... (and yes that price sticker is on the cover of God Loves, Man Kills :sorry: )

Three items...one is great reading, the other two are pretty hit or miss :shrug:

Asking $12 for the lot

xtrades.jpg

I'll pass on these X-Trades.

But thanks for looking.

Just post whatever Wolverine or X-Men books you do have :foryou:

X-Men 28 - CGC 9.2

X-Men 53 - CGC 9.0

X-Men 54 - CGC 9.0

nice choices my friend (worship)

Keeping the DC train rolling...let's go with Showcase after it stopped introducing relevant characters...this series really went to hell in a handbasket

Issues 76, 78, 85 and 87

The 76 is in relatively nice shape...maybe VF- or so, the others more in the neighborhood of VGish

Asking $20 for the lot

showcaselot.jpg

I see the :eyeroll:

Yeah those Showcases were bad...how about a good Showcase in bad shape? hm I really like this book and routinely have it on display somewhere...office, man cave, etc. But for the price below, I could get something new and shiny to help me forget the pain of losing it :devil:

Showcase 14

CGC 1.0 (cover detached) CROW pages

Asking $125

:gossip: Guide would be around $160, but to be fair and inform folks a copy in the same shape recently sold for $80...just can't do that low though :sorry: dig the cover/cool factor too much

sc14.jpg

Yeah those Showcases were bad...how about a good Showcase in bad shape? hm I really like this book and routinely have it on display somewhere...office, man cave, etc. But for the price below, I could get something new and shiny to help me forget the pain of losing it :devil:

Showcase 14

Asking $125

:gossip: Guide would be around $160, but to be fair and inform folks a copy in the same shape recently sold for $80...just can't do that low though :sorry: dig the cover/cool factor too much

sc14.jpg

early flash :cloud9:

Showcase 14

Asking $125

sc14.jpg

I know...not even a Flash collector, but those early Showcases are just wonderful books to have.

Showcase 14

Asking $125

sc14.jpg

I know...not even a Flash collector, but those early Showcases are just wonderful books to have.

i recently bought my grail which was showcase 8 (first captain cold) from foolkiller and man i have to look at it every day around 2 or 3 times. i just cant believe i own an early flash showcase.

Comedic interlude

I LOVE Devil's Due...whoever owns this publisher must have been seperated from me at birth...all the licenses are properties that I truly enjoy. However, it is now time for someone else to enjoy the hilarity.

Here you have prestige styled books with low brow humor and all of the pop culture references you could ask for...the writing is excellent...kind of like Bongo books, it is like reading an episode. Each book has a character provide breaks that pace the action much like a TV show.

Family Guy 1 through 3 (full set)

NMish

Asking $10 for the set

familyguy.jpg

Speaking of good reading :preach:

Comic Book Monthly...in my opinion the BEST monthly publication regarding comics ever produced. Great interviews, writing, and pictures of books that I will never be able to afford :frustrated:

Grab one and give it a try, if you never have before...for the price of a modern and a Mountain Dew you got bathroom reading for a full week in each issue :insane:

Asking $5 each or $25 for the stack of six :)

cbm.jpg

There are some secrets I just don't want to know...for example what is really in a hot dog...you know what, I don't care and I just want to enjoy my dog (thumbs u

Also high on the list of things better left unknown are the 1,001 secrets of Batman and Robin (that's right I have seen the boner panels :sumo: ) and their "strange costumes" :eek:

Batman Annual 1

VG

Asking $80

batmanann1.jpg

It was a sad day in the history of comics when Gorilla Boss got top billing as the most fantastic foe of Batman and Robin :doh:

Although, he is a monkey and maybe could be trained to be my butler :wishluck:

On second thought, carry on noble Knight of the Dark...carry on (worship)

Batman Annual 3

G-

Asking $20

batmanann3.jpg

Now Marvel knows how to do cosmic (worship)

Curious how the stage was set for the Infinity Gauntlet :luhv: (and by extension Infinity War :doh: and Infinity Crusade :P )

Well here's your chance....first person to buy something in thread after this post can take these for free (thumbs u

thanos.jpg

:hi:

Hello everyone.

The intent was to list some more books during the holiday, but our hot water heater has sprung a leak, and the garage is flooded :frustrated: No comics out there, but it has kept me from taking pics/uploading. I will try to get invoices out tommorrow, but it may be Wednesday or so before I can. My apologies for the brief delay but I will try to wrap things up ASAP :foryou:

Thanks to all the buyers (I suppose you can guess what those funds will go to know :doh: ) Anyway, off to buy a comic to sooth the pain lol

H

:hi:

Hello everyone.

The intent was to list some more books during the holiday, but our hot water heater has sprung a leak, and the garage is flooded :frustrated: No comics out there, but it has kept me from taking pics/uploading. I will try to get invoices out tommorrow, but it may be Wednesday or so before I can. My apologies for the brief delay but I will try to wrap things up ASAP :foryou:

Thanks to all the buyers (I suppose you can guess what those funds will go to know :doh: ) Anyway, off to buy a comic to sooth the pain lol

H

Hope all is well, Heath!