• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

101 posts in this topic

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! This same grade sold for $2,990 in 2005, $3,346 in 2008 and, $2,898 in 2011, and $1,912 a couple of weeks ago.

Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

Great book!

Saw the same cert number in GPA when I checked those past sales, was wondering if someone would mention it :juggle:

It wouldn't have been a big deal if he had mentioned it in his initial post. Sometimes people get a deal and GPA registers it. Doesn't mean the book won't sell for more next time around.

Yep.

GPA is a tool, it's not the end all be all. if someone wants the book badly enough, throw out GPA.

That wasn't the point of my little nudge, though. The seller is free to price the book however he sees fit - no question there.

But if you're using GPA numbers to show that your price is reasonable, and you then blatantly ignore the most recent sale simply because it's lower than your asking price, well, that seems a bit misleading :shrug:

To be fair, he did say this...

Sales of this book in the past several years have ranged between $2,900 and $3,350 except for one anomaly in the 2K range

Granted, he did use the term "anomaly" which is debatable.

Notice the little "Edited by TC33 (Today at 11:28 AM)" at the bottom of his post? :gossip:

This is what he originally wrote:

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! This same grade sold for $2,990 in 2005, $3,346 in 2008 and $2,898 in 2011.

it was changed to this about an hour & a half ago:

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! Sales of this book in the past several years have ranged between $2,900 and $3,350 except for one anomaly in the 2K range.

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! This same grade sold for $2,990 in 2005, $3,346 in 2008 and, $2,898 in 2011, and $1,912 a couple of weeks ago.

Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

Great book!

Saw the same cert number in GPA when I checked those past sales, was wondering if someone would mention it :juggle:

It wouldn't have been a big deal if he had mentioned it in his initial post. Sometimes people get a deal and GPA registers it. Doesn't mean the book won't sell for more next time around.

Yep.

GPA is a tool, it's not the end all be all. if someone wants the book badly enough, throw out GPA.

That wasn't the point of my little nudge, though. The seller is free to price the book however he sees fit - no question there.

But if you're using GPA numbers to show that your price is reasonable, and you then blatantly ignore the most recent sale simply because it's lower than your asking price, well, that seems a bit misleading :shrug:

To be fair, he did say this...

Sales of this book in the past several years have ranged between $2,900 and $3,350 except for one anomaly in the 2K range

Granted, he did use the term "anomaly" which is debatable.

Notice the little "Edited by TC33 (Today at 11:28 AM)" at the bottom of his post? :gossip:

This is what he originally wrote:

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! This same grade sold for $2,990 in 2005, $3,346 in 2008 and $2,898 in 2011.

it was changed to this about an hour & a half ago:

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! Sales of this book in the past several years have ranged between $2,900 and $3,350 except for one anomaly in the 2K range.

doh!

My bad. :tonofbricks:

Not withstanding that GPA sale that just barely showed up. Every CGC sale except that one went for well above my asking price and Several CGC sales in the same $3K range would give a lot more weight than 1 low sale that somehow fell through the cracks and sticks way out from the rest. Throw out the high and the low and you still get the same thing.

Please let me know if you ever sell your house. To be fair, I will also like to hijack your listing by doing extra research to inform buyers of that one low bank foreclosure fire sale for a similar house down the street, so why would anyone want to buy your house for anywhere near or even well below the average? Really, who does that??? Hey, if I actually misstate something by accident, by all means PM me, but everything detailed in my listing was 100% accurate. Its obvious some people have no life, but if you are not interested in the comic, keep moving on and make way for serious buyers. :makepoint:

Not withstanding that GPA sale that just barely showed up. Every CGC sale except that one went for well above my asking price and Several CGC sales in the same $3K range would give a lot more weight than 1 low sale that somehow fell through the cracks and sticks way out from the rest. Throw out the high and the low and you still get the same thing.

Please let me know if you ever sell your house. To be fair, I will also like to hijack your listing by doing extra research to inform buyers of that one low bank foreclosure fire sale for a similar house down the street, so why would anyone want to buy your house for anywhere near or even well below the average? Really, who does that??? Hey, if I actually misstate something by accident, by all means PM me, but everything detailed in my listing was 100% accurate. Its obvious some people have no life, but if you are not interested in the comic, keep moving on and make way for serious buyers. :makepoint:

Yeah, the old "you have no life" tactic always works like a charm around here :doh:

Why don't you just own up to the fact that you intentionally left out that last sale because it made your asking price look high?

Pretending that you weren't aware of the most recent sale of this book on Heritage when the HA book has the same serial number as the one you're selling is so ridiculous that it's almost insulting.

Good luck with the sale :thumbsup:

P.S. Last GPA sale only showed up a couple days ago!

the HA book has the same serial number as the one you're selling

So...assuming these are both true statements, are we to infer that the most recent sale was to you, but you have either forgotten or are somehow unaware of this little detail?

Edit: I admit that this is in fact threadkrapping, but when the seller displays a potential lack of honesty I think it's within reason to raise questions, as I assume you will want to defend your reputation if you can.

I believe this has Jack Kirby art as well, not that the book needs any more to the sales pitch. Good luck with the sale.

By the way, Board "etiquette" would be to limit oneself to one thread per concurrent sales offering per category.

Actually, he drew Captain Marvel Adventures #1, not Special Edition Comics #1. Not trying to act like my namesake, just trying to keep the facts straight on the Information Superhighway.

So you're not a Pontoon?

Pretending that you weren't aware of the most recent sale of this book on Heritage when the HA book has the same serial number as the one you're selling is so ridiculous that it's almost insulting.

... In fact, he is reusing the scans from that Heritage auction. Just sayin'. :whistle:

Yeah, the old "you have no life" tactic always works like a charm around here :doh:

Why don't you just own up to the fact that you intentionally left out that last sale because it made your asking price look high?

You must get around, sounds like you have had that no life statement thrown at you more than a few times. :insane: I guess the house sale example was still too complex for you to make any sense. A typical person would realize they were being an azz and maybe could have shown a bit more courtesy or etiquette on a sale that you have absolutely no interest in. With such a history of much higher prices being paid on a book that guides for over $4K, I am so glad you had to post like 20 times that 1 low price, your a real outstanding citizen! By that I mean someone who probably still lives in their moms basement playing world of warcraft 1/2 the day and flaming people on message boards the other 1/2 of the day to make you feel better about yourself.

By that I mean someone who probably still lives in their moms basement playing world of warcraft 1/2 the day and flaming people on message boards the other 1/2 of the day to make you feel better about yourself.

I've never heard that one before.

hm

You must get around, sounds like you have had that no life statement thrown at you more than a few times. :insane: I guess the house sale example was still too complex for you to make any sense. A typical person would realize they were being an azz and maybe could have shown a bit more courtesy or etiquette on a sale that you have absolutely no interest in. With such a history of much higher prices being paid on a book that guides for over $4K, I am so glad you had to post like 20 times that 1 low price, your a real outstanding citizen! By that I mean someone who probably still lives in their moms basement playing world of warcraft 1/2 the day and flaming people on message boards the other 1/2 of the day to make you feel better about yourself.

Keep digging yourself further into the hole, sunshine :thumbsup:

If you decide to change this sale to auction format and get an actual market value, then I'll start at $1500

Book is probably worth almost two times that.

The last Heritage auction saw a lot of quality stuff go pretty cheap. Anybody with cash enough to hold for a bit would do really well. I just think there are too many auctions running at a time.

I can't possibly see everything there is out there to see. I can only imagine how the average person with a 9-5 job outside of comics feels trying to

a) keep up with all these infinite auctions

b) afford everything.

Personally, I think it's nuts and the quantity of auctions are drawing the market down at the moment.

buyers been getting good deals on heritage because of the BP. that's good for the buyers, bad for the sellers.

No he hasn't. Buyer has been paying the BP and the BP is factored into GPA.

The BP only affects the buyer if he's madly pushing the red button without looking at his total while bidding.

If you are bidding, the BP is calculated for you on Heritage Live.

If you bid any other way, the bidder likely works in the BP into his final bid.

Too many auctions cause books to fall through the cracks.