• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return of the cockroach!

13 posts in this topic

Very :cool: !

I missed that book. I think it's been a long while since I have last seen it listed on ebay.

Anyway, I still wonder what really went on with that book and why the spidey-roach..

I have always assumed that someone asked him to sketch a quick spider (he is a pretty good artist, I have a couple of his sketch cards from the Marvel Silver Age set) and it got away from him, so he made it a little bigger to try and fix it. And that didn't work, so he made it a little bigger to try and fix it. And then he said screw it, threw some legs on it and the Spider-Roach was born!

I missed that book. I think it's been a long while since I have last seen it listed on ebay.

Anyway, I still wonder what really went on with that book and why the spidey-roach..

I have always assumed that someone asked him to sketch a quick spider (he is a pretty good artist, I have a couple of his sketch cards from the Marvel Silver Age set) and it got away from him, so he made it a little bigger to try and fix it. And that didn't work, so he made it a little bigger to try and fix it. And then he said screw it, threw some legs on it and the Spider-Roach was born!

Makes sense on why it ended up huge as it seems to be a very odd request on that type of comic..it even affected a large chunk of the cover. Not only that..a couple of the creepy roach's legs are poking the Punisher's head. Hahahaha lol

Ah man, this book never fails to make me smile.

Makes sense on why it ended up huge as it seems to be a very odd request on that type of comic..it even affected a large chunk of the cover. Not only that..a couple of the creepy roach's legs are poking the Punisher's head. Hahahaha lol

Ah man, this book never fails to make me smile.

Me either. I love it because it is so bad. If I didn't have my own ASM 129 SS book I would have made a run at it at some point. It is like the Patience is a Virue sketch and the Sienkiewicz Peterhead sketch. They become infamous and then they are more attractive. lol