• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian collectibles insurance?

10 posts in this topic

Can't help with a policy completely separate from H&C, but the Commonwealth Bank is very accomodating. My collection is broken out as a separate entry in the policy. I keep good records and update the amount as needed.

i can also vouch for NRMA home and contents insurance with a specific note on art collection.

it all falls under the one heading, "H and C", but you can break your stuff up into sub-headings. eg. investment collectibles.

Hey Aussies. I just wanted to hello to all of you. I was in your neck of the woods back in 2009.

When I went to Sydney, I visited a really nice comic book shope. The place was clean, and they even had CGC stuff. Was wondering if the owner was a boardie. I introduced myself to him.

If he is, well then, HELLO.

Edited by GODOFTHUNDER

Same here - My collection (around 10,000 comics)  needs to be insured for replacement value - traditional home and contents insurers in australia simply put it in the "too hard" basket and refuse to do it.  Anyone have any suggestions who insures comics collections in australia?

GIO cover mine on my home insurance.

I needed an itemised list (with cert numbers) and pics into their dropbox vault.

Had to describe security for the room and home (as per home insurance normally) - if you have deadbolts, CCTV, window bars etc etc

Took 30 minutes on the phone + sending info. Had no problems so far :wishluck: