• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Mad will be penciling new Amazing Spider-Man monthly

44 posts in this topic

Joe Madureira has almost a Manga style. I hate Japanese cartoons, but Joe Mad makes it look good.

I like his art, but he's lazier than Rob Liefeld on date rape drugs.

Joe Madureira has almost a Manga style. I hate Japanese cartoons, but Joe Mad makes it look good.

Yeah, that's what I kind of got from looking at it. It was manga-ish.

I didn't really dig the book (Ultimates 3), so I dropped it after the first issue.

I like his art more than about 95% of the popular modern artists.

The problem is, you can't get him to do anything other than play video games. He'll run out of money, do a book or two, go play video games for a year, run out of money, do a book or two, rinse, lather, repeat.

The guy is quite talented. He just doesn't have any drive or focus.

Ultimates3no1CombinedGatefolds.jpg

All I have to say to this is.............

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, like THAT will last. The guy will get bored and quit after two issues because he wants to design a new video game.

:cloud9:

darksiders_by_san29.jpg

He did the art design for Darksiders which gives the game an incredible look. And it plays great too. I hope he stays in video games.

I like his art, but he's lazier than Rob Liefeld on date rape drugs.

i almost choked on this :roflmao:

Joe Mad is the worst X-Men artist in the title's history.

That's quite the stupendous pronouncement considering Quitely did some X-Men work. You'd think a student of comics would not consider Joe Mad to be the worst ever certainly. Let's not be stubborn here and instead give it some more thought. No need to be stuck in a rut of opinion. The issue requires further study. Let's use this opportunity to determine who truly has stunk up the joint with regards to awful X-Men artists. Surely, us studly comic nerds can do at least that much.

He's hit and miss for me when doing comic art... I'd rather him just do variant covers and stick with his video game job

I JUST WANT HIM TO FINISH BATTLE CHASERS !!!!!!

sorry, it's been driving me nuts for years

I would've been interested in the news back in the late 90s, now not at all. (shrug)

The problem is, you can't get him to do anything other than play video games. He'll run out of money, do a book or two, go play video games for a year, run out of money, do a book or two, rinse, lather, repeat.

That looks awful to me. Cap's neck.....Wolverines face.....Thor's shoulders...

That looks awful to me. Cap's neck.....Wolverines face.....Thor's shoulders...

Nearly Liefieldesque....