• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Superman #1 (Coverless/Incomplete)

11 posts in this topic

Thought a book of this ilk could use its own sales thread... :acclaim:

SUPERMAN #1 (Coverless/Incomplete) CGC Blue Label NG

One of the "Big Three"...

This copy was acquired last year from a fellow boardie. I'm selling it because my interest in Golden Age books has waned lately, and also in part because I need some seed money to take my wife on a vacation abroad.

SPECS: Coverless, missing 4 outer wraps and centerfold.

My cheapy HP scanner is horrible on slabs, so I'm using the previous owner's pictures.

Credit for the pictures below goes to the previous owner:

superman1front.jpg

superman1back.jpg

superman1interior.jpg

PRICE: $5000

Also willing to consider part trade/cash offers of the same amount, particularly for a major SA Grail book such as: FF #1, Hulk #1, Spidey #1, Showcase #4, etc. Depending on what you have, I'm easy to work with. Feel free to PM.

RULES: 1st unconditional :takeit: wins. PMs welcome.

PAYMENT: Please PM me to arrange.

SHIPPING: FREE, Fort-Knox style triple box method, insured with delivery confirmation. Shipping to USA only due to tracking ability. No exceptions. (thumbs u

This copy was acquired last year from a fellow boardie.

:hi:

I felt the pages on that baby were graded a little harsh. They were really, really nice in hand.

I felt the pages on that baby were graded a little harsh. They were really, really nice in hand.

They're certainly not brittle, that's for sure. Everybody and their brother is dropping cool G's on single Action #1 pages that are brittle beyond belief. Yeah, it's Action #1... but this might be the better investment in the long run. Plus, it's pretty darn cool to see that label in your collection, no matter the condition. (worship)

They're certainly not brittle, that's for sure. Everybody and their brother is dropping cool G's on single Action #1 pages that are brittle beyond belief. Yeah, it's Action #1... but this might be the better investment in the long run. Plus, it's pretty darn cool to see that label in your collection, no matter the condition. (worship)

Al Stoltz and I flipped through that book when I first bought it and both of us were amazed at the nice pages. I figured OWW to worst.

...and it still has that classic Superman throwing a car scene in it. It was great fun to flip through a Superman #1.

:cloud9:

Al Stoltz and I flipped through that book when I first bought it and both of us were amazed at the nice pages. I figured OWW to worst.

...and it still has that classic Superman throwing a car scene in it. It was great fun to flip through a Superman #1.

Yeah, I'd probably keep it if the world wasn't ending next year... :grin: Want to see Hong Kong.

Any offers out there? Rusty cans? Naming rights to your first born child? :grin:

It's only a Superman #1... :blahblah:

Seriously though, my PM box is open for a couple more hours before this one scoots over to Ebay. I'd rather it went to a boardie. :cloud9:

Yeah, I'd probably keep it if the world wasn't ending next year... :grin: Want to see Hong Kong.

Awesome trip that will be. Take a picture of the Bruce Lee statue for me.

Any offers out there? Rusty cans? Naming rights to your first born child? :grin:

It's only a Superman #1... :blahblah:

Seriously though, my PM box is open for a couple more hours before this one scoots over to Ebay. I'd rather it went to a boardie. :cloud9:

Ooh, ooh...I know I have some rusty cans around here somewhere... :)