• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

If you finished it this year, what would be the fun in that.

(thumbs u

Even if they were all available, i wouldnt be able to spend enough to finish it this year. I'm different than most collectors though, for me the thrill isnt in the hunt, the thrill is in getting or finishing what i want. When/if i ever finish this run, no joke i will probably just sit and stare at them on my bookshelf for at least 1-2 hours a day for months most likely :screwy:

I just love having things finished and knowing they are done (shrug) It will be kind of a bummer though when/if i ever finish since i've invested so much time/money into this and really have no clue what the next run i'll do will be. theres definitely no other that i'll have the same passion for as i do the Avengers. I'll probably move on to either my X-men or TTA run next but it definitely wont be the same feeling as doing the Avengers. luckily, i dont have to worry about that for probably at least 3 years or more so i have plenty of time to figure what i want to do next. I'd like to do ASM but theres just no possible way i could do that run in the grade i'd want to, waaaaaaaay too expensive!

I like finishing sets too. Been doing it for over 25 years. Thats the joy in collecting for me. No rush. Oh yeah, I have complete Avengers and X-Men, and need one more issue of Amazing and two more TTA hero issues to have all those runs. :baiting:lol

I like finishing sets too. Been doing it for over 25 years. Thats the joy in collecting for me. No rush. Oh yeah, I have complete Avengers and X-Men, and need one more issue of Amazing and two more TTA hero issues to have all those runs. :baiting:lol

Yeah, look at who i'm talking to about finishing runs!!! lol

You can always do another spare run, say for reader copies.

Yeah but probably not. I already have a raw run with like half the issues from 10-70 and 90% of the rest from 71-230. Some of the earlier ones are close to "reader copy" grade but most are 7.0-8.0ish. I have so many already, it wouldnt take long to finish it up except for maybe the 1st few issues so i dont think that would be a viable next "project".

I would really LOVE to do ASM next but i just dont have the discipline to do it i dont think. I would want to do at least 8.5+ and even in that grade they are just WAAAAY too expensive. I like buying books(and there are just SO many out there i want) that i dont think i'd be able to not buy ANY books except for 1 ASM issue every month or two. I'd egt antsy to buy something in whatever auction and blow whatever money i was saving for an early ASM issue and it would take me 3 lifetimes i think to finish a run like ASM or FF. I at least already have X-men 1,2 and 3 plus a decent amount of the rest of the run so that seems like the most likely candidate hm

lol, you almost just described my buying methods. The late 100 issues were easy to jump on any time, and low 100s down to the #50's were not hard to buy often enough. Now the low numbers are tougher to find and cost ten times as much, plus some prices have jumped.

I used to have about 3 copies of all issues, now I've sold about half of my good early books. I'm scanning and grading today, to ship maybe tomorrow. :wishluck:

You can always do another spare run, say for reader copies.

Yeah but probably not. I already have a raw run with like half the issues from 10-70 and 90% of the rest from 71-230. Some of the earlier ones are close to "reader copy" grade but most are 7.0-8.0ish. I have so many already, it wouldnt take long to finish it up except for maybe the 1st few issues so i dont think that would be a viable next "project".

I would really LOVE to do ASM next but i just dont have the discipline to do it i dont think. I would want to do at least 8.5+ and even in that grade they are just WAAAAY too expensive. I like buying books(and there are just SO many out there i want) that i dont think i'd be able to not buy ANY books except for 1 ASM issue every month or two. I'd egt antsy to buy something in whatever auction and blow whatever money i was saving for an early ASM issue and it would take me 3 lifetimes i think to finish a run like ASM or FF. I at least already have X-men 1,2 and 3 plus a decent amount of the rest of the run so that seems like the most likely candidate hm

....if you can settle for early FF's in 8.0. sometimes bargains can be had. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm thinking Jason should go for the Ant-Man/Giant-Man TTA run. :baiting:

That's definitely appealing since I love Pym and all his characters a lot more than Spidey, FF or even X-Men hm

I'm thinking Jason should go for the Ant-Man/Giant-Man TTA run. :baiting:

That's definitely appealing since I love Pym and all his characters a lot more than Spidey, FF or even X-Men hm

One of my biggest collecting regrets is that there was a TTA #49 in the same batch as my Avengers #4. It could have been mine for $100 in 1993.

[font:Book Antiqua]Hello Jason:

I was reading what it’s going in comic general,

I am one of the many people that enjoy watching your books.

Your journey and dedication to those avengers’ books it’s contagious...

Please don’t stop posting just because a couple of individual_without_enough_empathys are jealous...[/font]

(thumbs u

Jason,

I know that you have managed to avoid it so far but I am thinking you need a nice group of Avengers Price Variants and maybe a good Double Cover and Manufacturing Error to give your great set its final touch. :baiting:

Jason,

I know that you have managed to avoid it so far but I am thinking you need a nice group of Avengers Price Variants and maybe a good Double Cover and Manufacturing Error to give your great set its final touch. :baiting:

I came REAL close to buying a price variant like a month ago but THANK god it went too high and I came to my senses! I cannot start with those freaking things also or I will definitely be in either bankruptcy or divorce court by this time next year! :o

Jason,

I came REAL close to buying a price variant like a month ago but THANK god it went too high and I came to my senses! I cannot start with those freaking things also or I will definitely be in either bankruptcy or divorce court by this time next year! :o

.....or both :sick: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Alright, sorry to torture you guys with another post but I added two more to my run that I picked up today. So, slap on another layer of Vagisil or proceed at your own risk cus here they are :D

av46.jpg

Miswraps don't usually bother me unless they are REALLY bad. This one is right on the edge of being too much. Any other book and it probably would be but since this is one of my all time favorite Avengers covers and stories, I had to get it miswrap and all :cloud9:

av162.jpg

Not that it really matters but the 46 actually came with a COA which is kind of cool. Out of all the 100+ Avengers Pedigrees that I've gotten, the only COA's that have come with them are the Twin Cities Pedigree issues. All of those came with these really nice COA's that Heritage apparently made up for all the books. I have like 7 or something of those but not a single one of the others came with one except for now this Winnipeg COA. Again, no biggie but for some reason I think they are kind of cool so it was a nice little bonus (shrug)