• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

1 more down. Picked this up in the last Clink auction and arrived today. Its definitely getting harder and harder to find issues i dont have now. Rather than just wait for the copies i still need, like a complete m oron, i find myself bidding on issues i already have :facepalm:

av72.jpg

Thanks don!

1 more down from tonights Clink auction that i was PSYCHED to get! When i started, i wanted at least 9.2+ but i already bought the 8.5 #5 and had pretty much decided my new threshold wAS 8.5. #25 was a book i didnt know how i'd get a 9.2+ Pedigree copy of. For whatever reason, it is expensive as hell!!! A 9.8 #24 goes for like $300-400. A 9.6 #25 goes for $2500! :o getting a HG Pedigree copy was just gonna be too much so im happy as hell with a nice looking 8.5 especially since its a White Mountain which i didnt have so it adds a new pedigree to the collection also :banana:

I had to overpay for it for sure but there was no wayi was going to let this book get away. Maybe someday ill upgrade it if the opportunity arises but im definitely happy with it right now :cloud9:

av25.jpg

Thanks!

Hard to tell from the scan but it looks 9.2-9.4 except for the bottom of the spine. Perfect registration, white pages and a White Mountain so I'm definitely happy. Even though I overpayed, a 9.2-9.4 Pedigree copy would have cost me like 4-10 times as much so I'm more than fine with "just" a 8.5!

Why exactly is #25 so damn expensive?!? It goes for multiples of any other issue in the 20's ???

Thanks!

Hard to tell from the scan but it looks 9.2-9.4 except for the bottom of the spine. Perfect registration, white pages and a White Mountain so I'm definitely happy. Even though I overpayed, a 9.2-9.4 Pedigree copy would have cost me like 4-10 times as much so I'm more than fine with "just" a 8.5!

Why exactly is #25 so damn expensive?!? It goes for multiples of any other issue in the 20's ???

....you didn't overpay, bro. That's a White Mountain and an old label. If you ever want to get out from underneath it, shoot me a PM. Congrats in the meantime. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks don!

1 more down from tonights Clink auction that i was PSYCHED to get! When i started, i wanted at least 9.2+ but i already bought the 8.5 #5 and had pretty much decided my new threshold wAS 8.5. #25 was a book i didnt know how i'd get a 9.2+ Pedigree copy of. For whatever reason, it is expensive as hell!!! A 9.8 #24 goes for like $300-400. A 9.6 #25 goes for $2500! :o getting a HG Pedigree copy was just gonna be too much so im happy as hell with a nice looking 8.5 especially since its a White Mountain which i didnt have so it adds a new pedigree to the collection also :banana:

I had to overpay for it for sure but there was no wayi was going to let this book get away. Maybe someday ill upgrade it if the opportunity arises but im definitely happy with it right now :cloud9:

av25.jpg

That's as sweet an 8.5 as you'll ever see. Congrats Jason!

One more down in the comiclink auction although someone sure as mess made me pay for it! Like the 25 though, an issue I was dreading finding a Pedigree copy of since it was damn hard enough to find a regular one of! To knock 25 and 103 off the list in one auction definitely makes me :banana:

Now that I have these and like 4-5 that I'm pretty sure I will get next month, I actually feel like the 1st 125 issues of this little project is REALLY coming along :cloud9:

av103.jpg

Congrats, the light at the end of the tunnel is in there somewhere.

Thanks! I'm definitely starting to see a light far off in the distance now but......

Each issue I buy though just gets me more and more annoyed at this schmuck!!! :censored:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-1-CGC-SS-5-5-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE--AYERS-SUSCHA-NEWS-PEDIGREE-1963-/320794533806?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab0d81fae

Before he had those HORRIFIC sigs put on ruining it, I made 3 MUCH more than fair offers but he wouldn't budge off his ridiculous asking price. Even as ridiculous as it was, if he had ever messaged me before ruining it, I would have just bit the bullet and bought it and had a Pedigree #1 I could be happy with. Now, who knows when/how I'll ever get a Pedigree #1 since it sure as hell won't be this one. I hate SS books as it is but those sig placements are just especially horrible IMO. Drives me freaking crazy every damn time I see it now :frustrated:

Thanks don!

av25.jpg

8.5?! :sick:(shrug)

Your standards are slipping. :baiting:

That book will look so out of place with all your extremely perfect 9.x pedigrees.

;)

No, i have a 8.5 #5 so it will have some company. It's like my 9.6's skanky girlfriend. Still hot but a little dirty lol

Maybe someday i will upgrade but like i said, a 9.2-9.4 for #25 is INSANELY expensive relative to the other issues! Literally like 8-10 times as much! :o

I'm actually NOT the HG snob or label chaser most people think. I want a book to look VERY nice so as long as it does, the grade is meaningless. From the scan at least, this book looks up to my standards for this run so hopefully i'll be happy with it and maybe someday find an affordable higher grade copy.

It's tough though, i cant be TOO picky with these Pedigree copies if i ever want to finish this run. Its not like theres hundreds of copies floating around. Most issues probably have maybe 6,7,8 Pedigree copies tops out there. At least a few of those are probably in collections that wont be coming up for sale so i have to take what i can get when they become available. :signfunny:

Thanks! I'm definitely starting to see a light far off in the distance now but......

Each issue I buy though just gets me more and more annoyed at this schmuck!!! :censored:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-1-CGC-SS-5-5-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE--AYERS-SUSCHA-NEWS-PEDIGREE-1963-/320794533806?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab0d81fae

Before he had those HORRIFIC sigs put on ruining it, I made 3 MUCH more than fair offers but he wouldn't budge off his ridiculous asking price. Even as ridiculous as it was, if he had ever messaged me before ruining it, I would have just bit the bullet and bought it and had a Pedigree #1 I could be happy with. Now, who knows when/how I'll ever get a Pedigree #1 since it sure as hell won't be this one. I hate SS books as it is but those sig placements are just especially horrible IMO. Drives me freaking crazy every damn time I see it now :frustrated:

I share your rage. I feel sick every time I see another high grade copy defaced and then put up on the market at prices that no one would touch. BTW does anyone buy this krap? I would buy that Suscha Avengers #1 right now if it wasn't ruined. :frustrated:

I share your rage. I feel sick every time I see another high grade copy defaced and then put up on the market at prices that no one would touch. BTW does anyone buy this krap? I would buy that Suscha Avengers #1 right now if it wasn't ruined. :frustrated:

Tell me about it! :frustrated:

He paid $1802 for it in February 2011. I dont know where the heck it sold but somehow i missed it or i DEFINITELY would have bid. You know how much i love the Suscha's. It immediately went on eBay with a $3,000 BIN. I offered like $2150, $2250 and then i think $2500 and all were met with incredibly condescending replies about how "special" it was because it was a Suscha and he would wait until he got $3,000 for it. never mind that i'm pretty much the ONLY person on the planet that thinks Suscha news books are a special Pedigere, no one was going to touch $3000.

I tried to offer a trade and direct him here to show that i was trustworthy and not a scammer. I tried to explain that while i wouldn't pay $3000, i would give $3000 in books in trade if he wanted to take a look at my registry. Of course, that was met with a much more rude MUCH more condescending reply meh

Then i guess in October he got the brilliant idea to add those sigs with ZERO thought to placement. Really, i dont know that there is any place for sigs on a Avengers 1. I'm not a sig guy so im biased but its just such a busy cover, i dont think its a good book at all for SS. Theres just no place to put a sig there and make it look good on that particular cover imo. So now, its a 5k book in his mind and will sit there in his store until i'd guess around 2020 when prices catch up to his asking price MAYBE.

Considering the amount of messages we traded and how much he knew i wanted it, i just wish he would have contacted me before he got it SS'd. I almost certainly would have broke down and paid the ridiculous 3k price to save it from the fate it has now suffered :cry:

Another one bites the dust :banana:

av126.jpg

Man, these issues in the 100's, especially after like 140 are freaking HARD to get a hold of! The 1st 100 issues, i could practically finish tomorrow if i had the $$$. theyre out there, you just have to figure out a way to freaking pay for them. From like 140-230, i dont care how much money you have, they just arent out there for sale(at least not where i can find them) :sorry:

True!

The biggest problem is there just aren't many Pedigree copies of the later books since. Most Peds don't extend late into the BA. Say like issue 57, there's probably 10 different Pedigree copies floating around. Issue 195, there's maybe 3 or 4.

It's definitely gonna take a Looooooooong time to finish this!