• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

The last 4-5 months, i've REALLY gotten into buying Pedigree's especially Avengers. It all pretty much started with the Suscha News Pedigree coming out since i thought most of the ones i saw were just amazing. I always avoided pedigrees since i thought they were just way too expensive but for whatever reason, they seem to be going much cheaper lately, sometimes even for the same price as a regular copy.

I have a decent amount so far and hopefully can add maybe 1 or 2 a month until hopefully i have as much of the run as possible all in Pedigrees :wishluck: Not all of these are SA books but most of them are so far.

Feel free to post any Pedigree Avengers issues that you have with one caveat. If you post one, be prepared to receive endless pm's from me begging and whining to sell it to me :grin:

Also, feel free to post what your favorite Pedigree is and why (thumbs u

My earliest Pedigree Avengers issue. I have a few Twin Cities books and definitely think its a nice Pedigree. It seems to get much more love from collectors than the Suscha News Pedigree even though personally, i dont think the books are quite as nice as the Suscha's i have. Still, a really, really nice ped.

Avengers #10

av10tc.jpg

The earliest Rocky Mountain Ped that i have. Almost all the RM books i have are BA books and VERY nice. For BA, Rocky Mountain is about as good as it gets in my book. I dont have many SA RM's at all but this one is really nice in hand.

Avengers #15

av15rm.jpg

I'm quite taken by Western Penn books,they have bone white pages. :cloud9:

I have a couple BA Western Penns and they are definitely SWEET! I dont how early they go back but i never see any earlier Western penn Avengers come up for sale :sorry:

This was one of the 1st Pedigrees i ever bought. I got this, #37, 85 and 99 in the Deecember comicconnect auction i think and these are the books that made me love Suscha News and Pedigrees. I'm still kicking my self for not buying the 5-6 others they had in that auction!

Its got a small dust shadow on the back but other than that, as nice a SA book as you'll ever see :cloud9:

Avengers #33

av33sn.jpg

Another awesome Suscha book! I've had a rough time finding ANY Pedigrees between 60-84 but hopefully can find some soon. It seems pretty easy to find the early issues(paying the price tag isnt easy!!!) and later issues but the middle ones just dont seem to be available (shrug)

Avengers #85

av85sn.jpg

Thanks guys!

A lot of these books arent real valuable but they mean more than they could ever be worth to me. I always loved the Avengers growing up and spent most of my time dreaming of owning these books. Growing up, my LCS very rarely had nice copies of old SA books and even the ones they did no possible way could i ever afford them. Now that i finally have most of them, theres few things i like more than just taking them out and staring at them :cloud9:

Probably my favorite and definitely the most special book that i have. When i was a kid in the late 70's-early 80's, this was one of my top 3 books i wanted to own but couldnt even dream of affording. Even back then, this book was WAY expensive. Avengers in the 30's,40's, 50's would be like $10 and this dang one was like $50. This cost more back then than any other than maybe the 1st 8-10 issues.

My LCS would get in crappo copies and even those would be like $30-$40. Any comic over even $3 or $4 was out of the question since my parents thought they were a complete waste of money. No chance could i ever get this as a kid. Hell, even for Christmas or a B-day, the absolute limit for ANY toy id get was maybe $20 at absolute most and they certainly wouldnt spend that for a comic book! :cry:

To finally have a really nice copy is like a dream come true since this is definitely one of my top 5 personal grails :cloud9:

Avengers #93

avengers93TC.jpg