• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Yeah, the early issues are fairly easy, just EXPENSIVE! Other than a few issues, i could have the 1st 100 no problem if they werent so expensive. they are out there if you can afford them. After issues like 139, the Avengers Peds are HARD to come by! I find ONE every few months if i am lucky.

I think the only time i've been able to score more than 1 at a time is when you sold me those 5 de-slabbed Winnipegs between like 160-180 (worship)

I've still been too freaking lazy to send them in and get them slabbed though. I hate to admit it but like you said, they look DAMN good in their mylars! :blush:

Yeah, the early issues are fairly easy, just EXPENSIVE! Other than a few issues, i could have the 1st 100 no problem if they werent so expensive. they are out there if you can afford them. After issues like 139, the Avengers Peds are HARD to come by! I find ONE every few months if i am lucky.

I think the only time i've been able to score more than 1 at a time is when you sold me those 5 de-slabbed Winnipegs between like 160-180 (worship)

I've still been too freaking lazy to send them in and get them slabbed though. I hate to admit it but like you said, they look DAMN good in their mylars! :blush:

So how do you get deslabbed or unslabbed pedigrees slabbed?

So how do you get deslabbed or unslabbed pedigrees slabbed?

The ones I got from silver surfer were slabbed and he cracked them out. He has a weakness for cracking out Pedigrees :baiting::screwy:

lol

There's other raw Peds still floating around out there also. Usually lower grade copies or low value copies that people don't think are worth getting slabbed.

Oops sorry I misread that.

If you send unslabbed Peds in, CGC should be able to recognize them and give them their Ped status.

How? Call in a medium to read some tea leafs to show it was from the joe blow colllection? (thumbs u They can take a picture them doing the reading of your Avengers and slab it inside your book. :headbang::screwy:

If you send unslabbed Peds in, CGC should be able to recognize them and give them their Ped status.

How? Call in a medium to read some tea leafs to show it was from the joe blow colllection? (thumbs u They can take a picture them doing the reading of your Avengers and slab it inside your book. :headbang::screwy:

That'd be freaking awesome if it was the third nipple topless psychic from Mallrats!

Seriously though, all mine either have certs I send in with them, the old labels or have distinctive marks for them to Id them so they should be fine.

Short of that, I assume they just throw darts at a board like they do for my grades usually (shrug)

That'd be freaking awesome if it was the third nipple topless psychic from Mallrats!

Terri from Three's Company. :cloud9:

Ok, I had to cheat a little :blush:

I'm trying to do issue 1-230 but those later issues are freaking IMPOSSIBLE to find a Pedigree copy of! It's 1,000 times easier to find a Pedigree copy of the 1st 10 issues than it is a Pedigree copy of 200-230!

I had a chance to grab some later issues but they aren't Pedigrees, they are Golden State collection copies. Does that even count? (shrug)

You're joking right ?

Golden State is an awesome collection and better than some of the newer pedigrees. It only missed out on official pedigree status on a technicality, that some of the issues were already sold before a master list could be assembled.

Some of the SA Golden State's I've seen are smoking.

If you can find them, it's a great way to fill in your later issues.

Don't get me wrong, the books are smoking nice! Just annoys my collecting OCD a tad that they aren't "true" Pedigrees. I don't have any earlier Golden State books but al the late BA/early CA ones I have are ultra nice (worship)

Don't get me wrong, the books are smoking nice! Just annoys my collecting OCD a tad that they aren't "true" Pedigrees. I don't have any earlier Golden State books but al the late BA/early CA ones I have are ultra nice (worship)

Golden States are pedigree books. I wouldn't let a clerical omission scare you away. As mentioned, they are far nicer than many CGC-recognized pedigrees:

ASM28.jpg

ASM66.jpg

Avengers47.jpg

Those are all INSANE! I love that 47! :cloud9:

I've never had one that didn't have the sticker but all mine are new labels and late BA/ early CA books.

Dan Greenhalgh/Showcase New England got the Silver and early Bronze books in 1997. And Stephen Ritter got the rest much later. The Ritter books have the stickers. The SNE books were sold before there was a master list and Dan never made certs like he did with the Winnipegs. It's really a shame.

I went to SNE and bought 137 books after two or three other guys had picked through the books. Even so, it was really something to see.

Seriously though, all mine either have certs I send in with them, the old labels or have distinctive marks for them to Id them so they should be fine.

Short of that, I assume they just throw darts at a board like they do for my grades usually (shrug)

I hope that the owner creates a picture/scan of the pedigree books before they deslab them. CGC would be more willing to approve of them as slabbed pedigrees again with that kind of proof.

Golden States are pedigree books. I wouldn't let a clerical omission scare you away. As mentioned, they are far nicer than many CGC-recognized pedigrees:

ASM28.jpg

ASM66.jpg

Avengers47.jpg

Those are gorgeous books Barton. I'm not a pedigree collector, but I do appreciate the high quality of any book, whether it has been recognized or not. :applause:

I hope that the owner creates a picture/scan of the pedigree books before they deslab them. CGC would be more willing to approve of them as slabbed pedigrees again with that kind of proof.

I do have scans of them in their Pedigree slabs from surfers sales thread. between that and the old labels themselves, which i have, hopefully there wont be any trouble when i finally get around to having them re-slabbed :wishluck:

All you need to do is submit the books with the labels, case closed. You can even submit books you bought from most dealers and all you would need is the mylar notation or proof of payment and your good. I don't think I would have cracked out a 100+ pedigree books if they wouldn't recognize them again on a resubmit.

All you need to do is submit the books with the labels, case closed. You can even submit books you bought from most dealers and all you would need is the mylar notation or proof of payment and your good. I don't think I would have cracked out a 100+ pedigree books if they wouldn't recognize them again on a resubmit.

I cant imagine i'll have a problem with yours. I do wonder how they know it is THE actual Pedigree copy though on those later, more common issues with no markings. Those Avengers i got from you were all 9.6's i think. Whats stopping someone from cracking out a 9.8 copy with the same wrap and submitting them with the 9.6 Pedigree labels and getting a bump?

Those are all INSANE! I love that 47! :cloud9:

I've never had one that didn't have the sticker but all mine are new labels and late BA/ early CA books.

How much does a Avengers #47 CGC graded 9.0 normally sell for??? Thanks in advance Avengers pros!!