• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

I dont know. I think i need a 1 and 4 1st. the 4 is doable. The 1 is gonna be next to impossible! HG is just WAAAAAY too expensive. I dont like the 8.5 Twin Cities and passed on it when it was auctioned and there arent many others below that :sorry:

Wha! Going to all this trouble to get 9.6,9.8 ped run,and you're going to skimp on the two biggest books on the run? (shrug)

I am of the mindset of splurging a little more on the big issues as I can always find HG copies of the commons a bit later and for not as much of a price increase had I decided to wait on the key books.

Me? Shoot for the Avengers 4 first.

I am even looking to upgrade my measly 6.0 in the near future but to an 8.0 (so I can afford to keep the 6.0 as well)

True but the problem is even if I sold every Ped I have, it still wouldn't equal any of the #1's and I like having all the issue I wanted as a kid. There just isn't a Ped 1 in my price range.

The 4 is a different story and I should have the 9.2 White mountain copy. That's what caused the whole CPR fiasco with my regular 9.2 4. I was an I diot! I had the regular 9.2 4 and was offered the 9.2 White Mountain. I should have just sold my 4 and paid the difference which wasn't much but I also wanted the 9.4 2 and one other at that time so I thought let me play the CPR game. A few people I respected thought my 9.2 would upgrade so I sent it to Joey who thought it had a REALLY good shot at 9.4. Instead it came back 9.0 though and I just didn't have the cash at the time and was so annoyed about the downgrade I didn't get the White Mountain 4 and someone else bought it :sorry:

One of my biggest regrets in collecting! I would KILL to go back and just sell my 4 and get the White Mountain copy instead of trying to beat the system and get greedy! Every time I look at that damn 4 I practically get sick to my stomach knowing I should have the White Mountain Pedigree copy if I wasn't so stupid! :sorry:

Oh we'll, live and learn. Hopefully one of these days ill have another shot at it :wishluck:

I dont know. I think i need a 1 and 4 1st. the 4 is doable. The 1 is gonna be next to impossible! HG is just WAAAAAY too expensive. I dont like the 8.5 Twin Cities and passed on it when it was auctioned and there arent many others below that :sorry:

Wha! Going to all this trouble to get 9.6,9.8 ped run,and you're going to skimp on the two biggest books on the run? (shrug)

I am of the mindset of splurging a little more on the big issues as I can always find HG copies of the commons a bit later and for not as much of a price increase had I decided to wait on the key books.

Me? Shoot for the Avengers 4 first.

I am even looking to upgrade my measly 6.0 in the near future but to an 8.0 (so I can afford to keep the 6.0 as well)

True but the problem is even if I sold every Ped I have, it still wouldn't equal any of the #1's and I like having all the issue I wanted as a kid. There just isn't a Ped 1 in my price range.

The 4 is a different story and I should have the 9.2 White mountain copy. That's what caused the whole CPR fiasco with my regular 9.2 4. I was an I diot! I had the regular 9.2 4 and was offered the 9.2 White Mountain. I should have just sold my 4 and paid the difference which wasn't much but I also wanted the 9.4 2 and one other at that time so I thought let me play the CPR game. A few people I respected thought my 9.2 would upgrade so I sent it to Joey who thought it had a REALLY good shot at 9.4. Instead it came back 9.0 though and I just didn't have the cash at the time and was so annoyed about the downgrade I didn't get the White Mountain 4 and someone else bought it :sorry:

One of my biggest regrets in collecting! I would KILL to go back and just sell my 4 and get the White Mountain copy instead of trying to beat the system and get greedy! Every time I look at that damn 4 I practically get sick to my stomach knowing I should have the White Mountain Pedigree copy if I wasn't so stupid! :sorry:

Oh we'll, live and learn. Hopefully one of these days ill have another shot at it :wishluck:

there's always the 9.2 aka 8.5 aka 7.5 Winnipeg ? :tonofbricks:

Speak of the devil!!! lol

Why The hell didn't you smack me upside the head and knock some sense into me and make me buy that damn White Mountain brotha?!? :baiting:

The Wnnipeg was actually a 8.5 but yeah, I ain't buying THAT 9.2 that's for sure! I do have my eye on a possible deal for a 4 hopefully soon but I still am hoping for that WM someday :wishluck:

Speak of the devil!!! lol

Why The hell didn't you smack me upside the head and knock some sense into me and make me buy that damn White Mountain brotha?!? :baiting:

The Wnnipeg was actually a 8.5 but yeah, I ain't buying THAT 9.2 that's for sure! I do have my eye on a possible deal for a 4 hopefully soon but I still am hoping for that WM someday :wishluck:

Yah I remember it being an 8.5 as I know a couple boardies owned it but to me with all that chipping on it even that felt generous...

btw the Northland 1 is in the current Heritage auction lol.

Is the Winnipeg that weak of a 9.2?

Yuh!!!

I thought it was a borderline 8.5! When I saw it got bumped from a 8.5 to a 9.2 that convinced me 100% to try and get my 9.2 bumped. I don't think there is 1 person on the planet that would hold my now 8.5 regular 4 and the Winnipeg 9.2 and not say mine is nicer and the higher grade if you covered the labels :frustrated:

Thanks! same here :cloud9:

I'm 99.9% sure the 9.4 Curator that i already have i bought from you and was like the 1st time we ever talked hm

If i'd have known then all the other drek youve made me buy from you since then, i would have deleted that pm buddy :baiting:

lol

From the Clink auction last night. I already have a 9.6 copy but it went fairly cheap and is from my birth month. I love the cover and love the issues with Vision standing in the corner instead of the whole team :cloud9:

image_zps525c7716.jpg

Struck a deal for these twoso I should have them by next week. Had to overpay a tiny bit but I LOVE Green River books! Definitely one of my favorite Peds since I'm a big fan of nice date stamps.

The 41 is just a double I wanted but the 23 is one I've been trying to find for a LONG time so I'm psyched to get it out of the way. Now if I can just find a 21 and 28( and FINALLY update my Registry! )ill have a pretty good unbroken run from the teens to 48 :cloud9:

image_zpsed534162.jpg

image_zps49d5fe7e.jpg

:censored::censored::censored:

I really, REALLY wanted the 9.6 Ped copy in the HA auction a few days ago. I wanted it last year when they auctioned it and it went for like $8500 which i thought was beyong retarded. 16 is WAY overvalued imo and at most that should have been a 4-5k book. Book was in their most recent auction and sitting VERY low until the last day. I had a feeling this time around it would go for 5k or so at most, nowhere near what it went for last year.

The internet bidding ended at well under 3k and Thursday was the live auction. I went up to $4750(which i still though was too high!) but someone bid 5k. Just dont think it was worth it to drop $5250($6300 with BP) for a complete non key no matter how much i wanted it.

Oh well, wasnt meant to be. Still, i'm going to be ANNOYED if this book, like a TON of the other Schmell books from last year, immediately end up on a dealers site for 25% over what it just went at auction! meh

:censored::censored::censored:

I really, REALLY wanted the 9.6 Ped copy in the HA auction a few days ago. I wanted it last year when they auctioned it and it went for like $8500 which i thought was beyong retarded. 16 is WAY overvalued imo and at most that should have been a 4-5k book. Book was in their most recent auction and sitting VERY low until the last day. I had a feeling this time around it would go for 5k or so at most, nowhere near what it went for last year.

The internet bidding ended at well under 3k and Thursday was the live auction. I went up to $4750(which i still though was too high!) but someone bid 5k. Just dont think it was worth it to drop $5250($6300 with BP) for a complete non key no matter how much i wanted it.

Oh well, wasnt meant to be. Still, i'm going to be ANNOYED if this book, like a TON of the other Schmell books from last year, immediately end up on a dealers site for 25% over what it just went at auction! meh

That deserves more than a parenthesis, eh? That BP is no joke!

I know!!! :censored:

When i do the phone bidding, i always write out a little chart with the bid increments and the BP next to it. The bidding goes so fast, sometimes its hard to figure out the 19.5% BP on a bid like $4750 or some oddball number :blush:

When i do the phone bidding, i always write out a little chart with the bid increments and the BP next to it. The bidding goes so fast, sometimes its hard to figure out the 19.5% BP on a bid like $4750 or some oddball number :blush:

:gossip: move the decimal point over one, then double it.

The HA live auctions are tough. I tried to bid in them years ago, but I didn't bid on enough to get used to it. Now I just enter proxy bids before the live auction, and hope it's enough.

BTW, did anyone else notice since Thursday that CGC has issues with their database? Two books I checked on were not in their system, that #4 included.

:gossip: move the decimal point over one, then double it.

I know but even still it's like "ok, 10% is $475, doubled is $950 plus $4750. So that's $5700, wait what's the bid at again?!?"

"Sorry, sir, it sold!" :frustrated: