• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Last one under issue 100 so far. Another Suscha News copy that just looks insane in hand. No way did the Suscha books get "gift grades" like ive heard some people complain about (tsk)

Avengers #99

av99SN.jpg

Thats it for the early issues for now. Hopefully, i'll have a few more to add soon since i have some possible deals pending on a few early issues.

Like i said, i want to get as many as possible but my #1 goal is to try and get a nice Pedigree #57. Without question and not even close, the Vision is and always has been my favorite superhero by far, no comparison. I'd kill to get a nice Pedigree copy. No way can i afford the 9.8 RM or TC copies for sure. GPA doesnt show any 9.6 sales so i dont know if theres a 9.6 #57 Pedigree. It looks like there are at least 3 different #57 Peds though and i'd kill to find and buy one! :wishluck:

If anyone knows someone who owns a #57 Pedigree copy, DEFINITELY shoot me a pm so maybe i can work a deal with them!

I gotta finally do some prep work for my fantasy football draft but i'll post some of my BA copies maybe tomorrow.

I have a few Twin Cities books and definitely think its a nice Pedigree. It seems to get much more love from collectors than the Suscha News Pedigree even though personally, i dont think the books are quite as nice as the Suscha's i have.

Apples and oranges. The question is how do the Suscha News books from 1964 compare to the Twin Cities books from 1964?

Nice books, by the way, and nice idea for a thread. (thumbs u

I have a few Twin Cities books and definitely think its a nice Pedigree. It seems to get much more love from collectors than the Suscha News Pedigree even though personally, i dont think the books are quite as nice as the Suscha's i have.

Apples and oranges. The question is how do the Suscha News books from 1964 compare to the Twin Cities books from 1964?

It might be your question, not everyone needs to appreciate pedigrees for the same reasons as you.

It might be your question, not everyone needs to appreciate pedigrees for the same reasons as you.

My point is how can someone say a book from one pedigree from 1964 doesn't look as good as a book from another pedigree from 1972? Of course the book from 1972 probably looks nicer. LOTS of books from 1972, including non-pedigrees, will probably also look better than a Twin Cities book from 1964.

My point is how can someone say a book from one pedigree from 1964 doesn't look as good as a book from another pedigree from 1972? Of course the book from 1972 probably looks nicer. LOTS of books from 1972, including non-pedigrees, will probably also look better than a Twin Cities book from 1964.

I was comparing the early TC books to the Suscha Avengers i have in the 30's. It's still 1964 vs 1966 but thats close enough in my book to compare. I also have the TC 93&96 vs the Suscha 99 to compare. Imo, the Suscha books do look nicer. Not that the TC books arent very, very nice i just think the Suschas are nicer in hand.

I love your collection, including the many pedigrees. As someone who is trying to put together a HG FF run from 1-200, replete with pedigrees, I admire what you've done! Great runs.

I'll keep my eye out for pedigree Avengers...and let you know.

Dan

Very impressive. You are taking collecting to the next level...and becoming more content. :applause:

Thanks! But I don't know about the "more content" part!

I don't think that will happen until I hit the powerball and have like captain Tripps AND cheetah collection combined lol

Easily the leasst valuable of my Pedigree slabs but 2 of my favorite. Every time i look at them, books from this era remind me of being a kid and going to the store with my Dad so he could buy me a comic book :cloud9:

Avengers #213

av213.jpg

Avengers #216

av216.jpg

The only annuals that i have so far. Hopefully i can add some of the earlier ones but i LOVE these. More books from my childhood that i actually remember buying off the stands and reading over and over. All 3 of them are INSANELY nice in hand, especially for Annuals. I LOVE these 3 books. Most people like #10 the most but the #9 was one of my all-time favorites! When i was a kid, i thought Arsenal was super cool :blush:

Avengers Annual 8

ava8.jpg

Avengers Annual #9

ava9.jpg

Avengers Annual #10

ava10.jpg