• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Two that arrived today from the illustrious Bob Storms(blazingbob) :cloud9:

av95winn.jpg

And THIS! my 1st Northland pedigree Avengers :banana:

av7north.jpg

...I recently got my first Northland....a TOS 50...and it looks like it's soaked in gloss. I was very impressed. Congrats on the Avengers 1.....but you know that hot, humid Florida atmosphere is bad for the books. If necessary, I'd be happy to store them here for you, in our cooler, drier, clime. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

lol

Tell me about it!!!

You should see what garage sale comics around here look like! Even Spawn 1's and Valiant comics from the 90's look like GA age books from sitting in the humidity for years. I can't even imagine what an actual GA book would look like if someone actually had it down here for the last 60 years! :o

And THIS! my 1st Northland pedigree Avengers :banana:

av7north.jpg

:takeit:

SWEET!

I didn't think anyone was gonna hit that $10,000 BIN!!! :banana:

I'll shoot you over my PayPal info right away :baiting:

One last Suscha book. The other 9.8 101 with an IDENTICAL miswrap sold in the CC auction for $913. This for all i can see identical 9.8 was in their "for sale" section for over 1/3 less :banana:

Silly bidders! :baiting:

av101sus.jpg

Very cool Jason,...

and BTW, the "other" Sushca News 9.8 #101 sold for $3600. I have a 9.6 copy that looks better than that 9.8, plus no miswrap, and may be a 9.8 soon. :wishluck:

When was that? I have it on my watched list for CC and it was definitely $913 cus i dropped out once it went over the $600 they had for the "for sale" section copy.

btw, WHY ARE YOU BUYING MY SUSCHA AVENGERS!!! :baiting:

I'm sorry, you didn't catch my "other" hint. There were a bunch of Suscha News ASM's in the CC auction, and the #101 is typically that expensive. I was watching a lot of those, even though they were mostly 9.8's, too high for me.

Ahhhh, im getting SLOW in my old age!

I saw that 101. It was SWEET! 3600 is a freaking lot though!

Times like that, i am REALLY glad i collect Avengers and not FF or ASM's! Other than DD, Avengers are definitely the cheapest "main" title out there luckily for me.

Good luck on the upgrade, that would be an AWESOME score if you could bump it to a 9.8 :wishluck:

Dang, bummer!

Ive been trying to find a Pedigree 57 since I started this and was hoping Suscha News might bail me out. No info on gpa about one so I finally got around to talking to CC about it. Apparently, there was only one copy sold raw as a 9.0 with a stain on the back cover so thats a dead end.

The search continues :sorry:

lol

You're right! :facepalm:

At least i got hosed $325 less than whoever outbid me on the auction copy though! :banana:

In all seriousness though, there was 5 Suscha Avengers in the auction that had an identical copy in their "for sale" section. All 5 sold at auction for significantly more than the for sale copies and i wasnt the underbidder on any of them. So, there must have been at least 2 people bidding them up not realizing they could just BIN them for cheaper.

I was scared to death they were either gonna pull the BIN copies or jack up the price once they saw how much more the auction copies were going for. Luckily for me, they didnt! :cloud9:

Just wanted to congratulate you sufunk, you are accumulating a very nice pile of gems there.

It's a nice feeling to look back at all those books which were WAY beyond reach as a kid, and now be able to write checks for them!! Keep it up, i'm sure you'll build up that full run soon enough!

I've totally been neglecting this thread. I've probably added 15-20 since the last time i posted here :blush:

I'm going to get my act together and get them all scanned and post ALL my Peds in numerical order hopefully soon instead of them all willy nilly like they are so far in this thread.

I did get this in the Pedigree auction last night. last month, i had a chance to buy a 9.2 Pedigree #27 but the seller was completely unreasonable and wanted almost what this freaking 9.6 cost me! :screwy:

av27RM.jpg