• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any black comic book collectors here?

49 posts in this topic

I know most here are white and there are some Asian, but are there any blacks here? And how many women? Three?

Because of where I live I know a lot of Hispanic comic collectors. A woman also owns the only comic book store north of Albuq. How much ethnic and sexual variation is there among comic collectors where you live?

How much ethnic and sexual variation is there among comic collectors where you live?

Probably quite a bit...

I'd probably be open to have lots of different types of sex with women of practically any ethnicity... grin.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Sorry to hijack your thread, but your post reminded me of my best comic collecting buddy when I was growing up. His mom would always buy the school photo package where they wound up with way too many of the 1 1/2 X 2 inch mini photos to give out to all of the relatives. So my friend Jared would cut the faces off the covers of some of his beat-up comics and tape his face behind the cover so that the superhero had his face. I've never laughed so hard as I did the first time that I saw what Wolverine would look like if he were a smiling 12-year-old African American junior high schooler.

How much ethnic and sexual variation is there among comic collectors where you live?

Probably quite a bit...

I'd probably be open to have lots of different types of sex with women of practically any ethnicity... grin.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Yeah, sex with a black woman....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif......... thumbsup2.gif........ 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sorry to hijack your thread, but your post reminded me of my best comic collecting buddy when I was growing up. His mom would always buy the school photo package where they wound up with way too many of the 1 1/2 X 2 inch mini photos to give out to all of the relatives. So my friend Jared would cut the faces off the covers of some of his beat-up comics and tape his face behind the cover so that the superhero had his face. I've never laughed so hard as I did the first time that I saw what Wolverine would look like if he were a smiling 12-year-old African American junior high schooler.

My first comic-collecting buddy was black, and we were pretty close to being best friends through all of 5th grade...while at school anyway. Unfortunately, he literally did live "on the other side of the tracks" about 10 miles across town, and on the occasion our parents would drive us to each other's houses, it was quite the culture shock, for both of us I assume. His dad was an "artist" (my friend had floor to ceiling paintings of the Flash and Hulk in his bedroom!), and my buddy was really good as well and gave all us kids "lessons" on drawing superheroes. I often wonder what happened to my old friend Terrence Eugene Baker Jr.?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But as far as the present, all the collectors I know/deal with locally in person are whitebread (and one Asian). I do see a few other minorities at our local shows though, I just don't know them myself.

Probably quite a bit...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Yeah, sex with a black woman....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif......... thumbsup2.gif........ 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hammer is a fan.... although it looks like you'd need muscles like these to handle her!

Meandtheboss6.jpg

But as far as the present, all the collectors I know/deal with locally in person are whitebread (and one Asian). I do see a few other minorities at our local shows though, I just don't know them myself.

Whites are the minority here (Santa Fe), but about 90% of the comic collectors I know here and see in the LCS are white.

As long as we're telling stories..

I was walking down a hallway in a local State building in Santa Fe about a year ago. I glanced in an office on my way by and almost had a heart attack. There was a large wood desk (about 8x3) and all along the front and side edges of the desk were Bowen statues of just about every Marvel superhero you can think of. The guy was on the phone and I was in a hurry so we didn't have a chance to talk. I've always thought of going back there to introduce myself, but just haven't gotten around to it. I thought it was cool that he was "out of the closet" to that degree at work.

black comic books? black characters in comic books? comic books with

black covers? collector who's heritage is African?

Stick around, maybe you'll figure it out.

My first comic-collecting buddy was black, and we were pretty close to being best friends through all of 5th grade...while at school anyway. Unfortunately, he literally did live "on the other side of the tracks" about 10 miles across town, and on the occasion our parents would drive us to each other's houses, it was quite the culture shock, for both of us I assume. His dad was an "artist" (my friend had floor to ceiling paintings of the Flash and Hulk in his bedroom!), and my buddy was really good as well and gave all us kids "lessons" on drawing superheroes. I often wonder what happened to my old friend Terrence Eugene Baker Jr.?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Terrence Eugene Baker........Old School Terry........... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

black comic books? black characters in comic books? comic books with

black covers? collector who's heritage is African?

Stick around, maybe you'll figure it out.

I'm trying man,,,, after that 32 page WF thing....

that's kind of an odd question....are you doing a study or compiling information?

besides...all comic collectors are the same on the inside.....GEEKS!

grin.gif

It started by thinking about the total lack of black comic book characters. Then about the lack of black comic book creators. Then I thought "What came first? The chicken or the egg?" Are there very few black collectors because there are very few black characters? Or is it the other way around?

I was wondering about it and thought I'd post it, maybe get some other thoughts.