• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a fair deal on a CGC 3.0 JIM 85?

9 posts in this topic

Thought I would get your guys expert opinion on a deal I am about to make. Does $185 for a JIM 85 CGC 3.0 (cr/ow) sound about right? I know the price of the book has dropped off a little since Thor came out, but does it have the potential to make a jump once Loki comes back in the Avengers? Im not looking to flip this immediately (as I am a big Loki fan), but just want to make sure I am not overpaying for this specific copy. Last gpa on the book was 150, but they were selling around 225 when thor came out. What do u all think?

If you're going to be in the market of buying $100+ books it might be worth your while to spend $10 a month and sign up for gpanalysis.com

It could potentially save you a lot of money.

(thumbs u

He's got it, that's how he knows
Last gpa on the book was 150, but they were selling around 225 when thor came out

Missed that.

(thumbs u

No, I would not. Not sure how helpful that is, but I wouldn't.

Thor prices jumped because of the movie, now they are in decline. There may be a slight bump when the Avengers come out, but you said you are not looking for a flip so what does that matter. I'd buy at $120 or less. Be patient and you'll find a similar book cheaper.

I doubt the prices will come down that much. I just don't buy books at market price. Market price (to me) is what a dealer sells a book for. A collector will rarely get market value for his books. If you were to offer a copy of a book that sells for $150-$175 to a dealer, he'll offer you a half to two thirds their value. So there is room for another buyer to pay more than a dealer will offer, but still get the book below market value.