• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's secure to buy tpbs on half.com?

4 posts in this topic

Generally speaking, it's pretty safe. But just like eBay there are some disreputable sellers out there - and of course, some tend to overgrade their books, DVDs, etc. - call it like new when it has a rip or something like that. Check out the sellers feedback before making a purchase. Half.com does have a buyer protection program which is supposed to protect you if you get burned - haven't used it yet, myself though.

Half.com is like eBay, except that the prices are fixed. I've had mixed experiences with Half.com the same as I've had with eBay. I've experienced displeasure, and satisfaction, as it's relative to the seller your dealing with. If you're going to give half.com a try, I recommend choosing sellers with a LONG history of positive feedback (some also have web sites apart from half.com). However, my humble advice is to pass up on Half.com, and check out Amazon.com for TPB's, they have a good selection at very reasonable prices. And if Amazon.com doesn't have what you're looking for, then eBay is my next pick because at least you have a chance of getting it for less than you would at Half.com most of the time anyway. Good luck!