• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Showcase 4 CGC 5.0 - Closed.

43 posts in this topic

How do you feel about the 4.5 selling for $2978

That's one that I don't know anything about, so it's hard to comment on - don't know page quality, appearance of the book, distressed state of seller lol

I mean, that's a lot lower than the last three 4.0 sales on GPA, of $4,877 (not much less than $5,600 for a grade lower), $4,481, and $4,183...

That's one that I don't know anything about, so it's hard to comment on - don't know page quality, appearance of the book, distressed state of seller lol

I mean, that's a lot lower than the last three 4.0 sales on GPA, of $4,877 (not much less than $5,600 for a grade lower), $4,481, and $4,183...

I didn't even look down that far. WOW

I would put that baby up on ebay for $6500 or "Make a Best Offer" and see what happens. (thumbs u

I'm not trying to derail this thread but pricing of a key book is often difficult.

I remember a few $3000 Showcase 4 sales not very long ago and was surprised that they sold so low. I believe there was a question of whether the Flash movie would be delayed.

I thought that a delay, coupled with a seller who needed to hit the bid to raise cash, and a book that didn't have great eye appeal all contributed to the low price.

As the Dr. said, the last couple of Showcase 4's went in the low 4's. Were the buyers paying too high a price if the 4.5 sold for $3000 a bit ago? Perhaps the book is hotter again? I can't speak for the buyers.

I don't believe a $5600 offer is particularly out of line if a 4.0 sells for $4200. In addition I can't speak to the motivation of the seller. If he goes elsewhere and the book fails to sell then perhaps he will return with a new lower price. If he finds success then he was right. He might have the time to find out where the market currently lies.

Best.

OOPs I didn't see your most recent post. (thumbs u

Thanks for the feedback.

Let me respond, and I'd appreciate an ongoing dialogue...

I'm of the opinion that the CGC 5.5 that sold for $5500 from C-link had some issues, such as a name written on the cover. Things that I felt really hurt eye appeal of the book and kept the price low, especially for collectors buying the book and not the grade...

The CGC 5.0 that sold for $5,676 last year on HA is comparable to the copy I'm offering for sale here. And, very recently, someone likely overpaid for a CGC 5.0 on Ebay, paying $6,750 for that 5.0 copy.

Given those two 5.0 numbers, I'm thinking $5,600 is below FMV or very close...

Concurrently, we're moving closer and closer to a green light on a Flash movie, which tends to always create a bump in the pricing... hm

That's a 4.5 and another one sold for $3500. You really shouldn't disparage prices people are asking in sales threads. And IMO his price is very reasonable for a 5.0.

He asked for the dialogue Officer...

A dialogue about what specifically?

I say tuck that baby away if you no one is willing to meet your price, and bring her back out once the movie is official. Then sit back and reap the benefits when everyone will be paying much MORE than what you're asking for today...

Just like sellers of SHOWCASE #22 did a year or two ago.....

2c

Expensive books do sell regularly here, but it's true that most wait for bargains. The upside is that most folks are extremely reliable here, which is why it's a favoured place to sell/buy even if you don't maximize your sales potential.

Showcase 22 had ALOT more room to grow compared to Showcase 4. I dont see the books demand skyrocketing unless DC manages to create the next Spider-Man franchise. Batman 1 and Tec 27 didnt exactly surge when christian bale donned the cowl. Cheaper books like Iron Man 1, and Avengers 4 are the books that grow.

Showcase 22 had ALOT more room to grow compared to Showcase 4. I dont see the books demand skyrocketing unless DC manages to create the next Spider-Man franchise. Batman 1 and Tec 27 didnt exactly surge when christian bale donned the cowl. Cheaper books like Iron Man 1, and Avengers 4 are the books that grow.

RE: BATMAN movies.

There were plenty of BATMAN movies prior to the BALE one. And it's not like BATMAN was a second tier franchise at the time of their release. If anything the BAT movies had more of an impact on the the copper/modern back issues, which is the same logic you're applying to AVENGERS #4/IM #1 - less expensive books relative to CAP #1/TOS #39 respectively. And I fully agree.

As for SPIDEY, well it's SPIDEY. It holds it's own special rank as a franchise. It keeps getting more popular....

I'm still willing to bet SHOWCASE #4 will spike with an official FLASH movie announcement. Now having said all of this, I'm not familiar with the issue in question and it's FMV vs the OSPG, because it's not a book I care for. So, if the original poster's asking price is both greater than FMV AND the OSPG price then that's a sure reason for price resistance.

Regardless, I still say "sit on it" and wait for the right time to sell it. I've already noticed an increase in actualized prices for FLASH #105 (in the 3.0-4.5 range), so SHOWCASE #4 might not be far behind. And I only know this, because I have a copy I've been sitting on, in hopes of a FLASH movie...

Always fun to debate prices!

Nice book (even though I'm not a FLASH fan) and good luck with the sale!!! (thumbs u