• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake Amazing Fantasy 15?

46 posts in this topic

this will sound bad, but...I want one of those fake ones....

Oh, not at all, as soon as I found out Osborn_France had made a few,I blackmailed him into giving me one...I love it to bits. It just sits in my doubles box, and when somebody comes calling that knows or collects comics, I casually show it to them and then just file it away among other low-value books. The looks on their faces are priceless :roflmao:

This reminds me, I scanned the interior of my TOS 39 for Osborn, but he never got around to making fake copies of that book hm

this will sound bad, but...I want one of those fake ones....

Oh, not at all, as soon as I found out Osborn_France had made a few,I blackmailed him into giving me one...I love it to bits. It just sits in my doubles box, and when somebody comes calling that knows or collects comics, I casually show it to them and then just file it away among other low-value books. The looks on their faces are priceless :roflmao:

This reminds me, I scanned the interior of my TOS 39 for Osborn, but he never got around to making fake copies of that book hm

lol

Never had the time to finish the TOS #39, unfortunately...

And i don't have the printing material anymore. :(

Got a lot of PM concerning the fake AF #15:

I made a few of them (less than 10, don't know exactly...) 2 years ago.

I only have 2 copies left (the best ones, the copy of Allan was a bad prototype :insane:) and i keep them for me, sorry.

I'm an offset printer and there is one full proof way to tell if something has been printed or copied.. Look at the pages through a magnifying glass and looks for dots. If you see tiny dots it has been offset printed on a printing press. A copied book will look "flatter"

Digital printing also uses a halftoning pattern that you can see under a loupe - but it's not the rosette pattern that you see in printing. I'm not sure of any exact reasoning to why it's there - but it does look different than the old laser toner copies.

We use a company for short run stuff, and their color consistency is dead on through the entire run - it's pretty impressive. The only real difference that I can see is that it carries a different sheen on the paper than traditional inks.