• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Hoover...RIP...

11 posts in this topic

Hello All...

VERY sad to hear that Dave Hoover passed away.....one of my favorite Captain America artists.....he finished the Cap run of Mark Gruenwald in the 90's with a great storyline, Fighting Chance....I know the story was not well received at the time , with Cap wasting away and having a Super Suit Etc....but I can remember really enjoying it..and hey, it led to the Waid Garney Cap run....Hoover also had a great run on Spider-Man....I can recall reading about him in old Wizard Mags from the 90's.....also a SUPER nice guy......

Not sure if anyone got any blank covers or signs by him, he only started doing shows again and he never did many....

RIP Mr. Hoover.....

got 3, 2 CGC one raw, which i am going to send to CGC & is one of my best sketchs

that sucks, he was extramely talented

sry to see that he's gone, hope his family is doing well though

just completly shocked is all, always sad to read about a legend or someone talented dying

It's so odd when you see an announcement like this. Dave was an artist I spoke with less than a month ago probably, that I follow on Deviantart and l loved the stuff he posted. I once bought a page from Anthony's Collectibles and said something about it on his Deviant page and he was nice enough to come back and tell me that Anthony no longer had the page and kept me from having a long downtime with no money or art. Class act. RIP.