• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Color Touch or Printing Defect

23 posts in this topic

I'm fairly confident that this is a color touch.

1 - There is no four-color dot matrix pattern

2 - There is another thin touch at the tip of GL's right foot (angles down).

3 - There appears to be several touches along the spine in the darker orange area. There is an obvious touch to the left of the DC logo and to the lower left of the 12 cent mark there are several small touches. Here you can see they tried to cover transverse spine creases.

4 - There may be a touch at the top staple stress

I was just going to post the same thing. There't a lot of touchup on the spine.

I honestely cannot tell here. If I had the comic in my shop I Could get my light out and tell right away.

Am not a DC collector - this comic is not too high of value, is it?

If it is just another Silver Age 12-center, I cannot fathom why someone would color-touch this comic that is not going to command a grade no higher than F 6.0. Just my opinion here.

CAL hi.gif

I honestely cannot tell here. If I had the comic in my shop I Could get my light out and tell right away.

Am not a DC collector - this comic is not too high of value, is it?

If it is just another Silver Age 12-center, I cannot fathom why someone would color-touch this comic that is not going to command a grade no higher than F 6.0. Just my opinion here.

CAL hi.gif

One of the assumptions we make about resto is that it's always done with the intention of improving sale price. I can remember as a kid buying a Thor 134 and snagging the tape in the logo as I took it out to read it. It was only a VGF or so, but the tape pull ruined the appearance. So I busted out the crayons and "fixed" it. I then had a copy I could be proud of, but I never once considered being able to get more $$$ when I sold it.

This may be another example of someone just trying to make a book look nicer for themselves.

That, or trying to rip off another buyer.

893frustrated.gif