• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con! November 13th, 2011!

58 posts in this topic

Flee needs to make a Pimp GIF of you, because you sure have turned into the ODB of Comic Convention promoters/hustlers. :applause:

Even after my drinking last night, lookwhoitis & KingOfRulers have now convinced me to join them this evening for libations.

& the mons.

Should be classy.

See y'all at the show tomorrow! May all our pressing dreams come true! :cloud9:

I just want thank Steven and the crew of the Tampa Bay Comic-Con. You guys have done an amazing job since taking over the show.

I cannot wait to see what you have instore for us next year. Two day show!!!

I just want thank Steven and the crew of the Tampa Bay Comic-Con. You guys have done an amazing job since taking over the show.

+1

Wish I had stayed a little longer, as there seemed to be plenty of stuff to buy, but I was in a bit of a funk from being sick and my wife and I had some errands to run while in town. Crowd looked unusually strong for a November show, which should be a good indicator for February's 2-day event. Good luck guys....I wish you the best. Anything I can do to help, let me know.

Hey Adonis!

That was me who honked at you in the black Lincoln Navigator eastbound on Kennedy Blvd. a few minutes ago!

I waived my granola bar at you. :)

Nice silver mirrored Ray-Bans, bro!

Hey Adonis!

That was me who honked at you in the black Lincoln Navigator eastbound on Kennedy Blvd. a few minutes ago!

I waived my granola bar at you. :)

Nice silver mirrored Ray-Bans, bro!

lol lol lol I thought it was some J ERK because the lane was blocked off!!! lol

Yeah, that's how I roll!!!!

Thanks to everyone for attending!

The convention was a success! We did have the last minute cancellations of Alex Saviuk and Cary Nord, which was disappointing for some attendees, but overall things went well. The attendance was strong, but did not break the previous show's record of 1,500, plus kids. We had about 1,100, plus kids this time around which is still a very strong turnout in my opinion. However, even with the slightly lower attendance, the exhibitors seemed to do very well. I asked almost all of the dealers how they did, and the worst I heard was, "I did okay". Apart from that response from a singular dealer, everyone else reported very positive results to me.

It was an exhausting show. I am constantly being summoned to quell some problem. I never get to stand around and chat. The drive back to Orlando last night was one of the most grueling drives ever--I had to stop at a rest stop and sleep.

I was worth it though! Next convention is March 3-4, 2012!