• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Most Sought After Marvel Treasury Edition(s)?

93 posts in this topic

Wow, so many copies. They yours? Where did you get them or took the pic from?

Yes. They're mine.

I should start trading some of them off for other treasuries. hm

You seem to be confused. I'm not talking about MTE #1. I'm talking about the variant that is signed by Stan Lee and John Romita.

These were limited to 1000 copies and were all signed and numbered.

They were only available for $5 through mail order via ads in Marvel Comics at the time.

Word amongst treasury collectors was that only around half of them were sold by Marvel and the other half, after sitting around the office for years and years, was eventually tossed in the trash can.

IIRC, there's never been a copy that was sequence numbered in the 600's or higher known to exist.

That was years ago that I heard all that info. I could be wrong.

They're still tough mofo's to find. The last copy I've seen for sale on eBay was many years ago.

Mind you, I stopped watching them for a while until recently. Even so, I only saw about one legit copy per year pop up.

:sorry:

I only have the signed and numbered Superman vs Spidey issue :(

You seem to be confused. I'm not talking about MTE #1. I'm talking about the variant that is signed by Stan Lee and John Romita.

These were limited to 1000 copies and were all signed and numbered.

They were only available for $5 through mail order via ads in Marvel Comics at the time.

Word amongst treasury collectors was that only around half of them were sold by Marvel and the other half, after sitting around the office for years and years, was eventually tossed in the trash can.

IIRC, there's never been a copy that was sequence numbered in the 600's or higher known to exist.

That was years ago that I heard all that info. I could be wrong.

They're still tough mofo's to find. The last copy I've seen for sale on eBay was many years ago.

Mind you, I stopped watching them for a while until recently. Even so, I only saw about one legit copy per year pop up.

:sorry:

I only have the signed and numbered Superman vs Spidey issue :(

If Greggy doesn't have one, it's impossible to find. (worship)

You all fail.

Superman vs. Muhammad Ali.

Oh, please. There are countless high grade copies available on eBay at any given moment.

I couldn't tell you the last time a signed MTE #1 in ANY condition sold. Not many of them even exist.

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

^^

Don't you try to get back in my good graces with Willy Wonka quotes.

It won't work.

You all fail.

Oh, please. There are countless high grade copies available on eBay at any given moment.

I couldn't tell you the last time a signed MTE #1 in ANY condition sold. Not many of them even exist.

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

^^

Don't you try to get back in my good graces with Willy Wonka quotes.

It won't work.

:slapfight:

You all fail.

The question is Marvel Treasury's, so I am afraid you fail. :baiting:

lol

Oops.

lol

Wait....I'm pretty sure Muhammad Ali is a Marvel character.....

Whew! Dodged a big one there!

;)

lol

hm I would guess it is the first Superman vs. Spider-Man Treasury. 2c

I agree, along with #1, tough in high grade. The one that has been eluding me for a long time is # 21, the Fantastic Four vs Galactus one.

What is the first Superman vs. Spider-Man Treasury worth?

hm I would guess it is the first Superman vs. Spider-Man Treasury. 2c

I agree, along with #1, tough in high grade. The one that has been eluding me for a long time is # 21, the Fantastic Four vs Galactus one.

What is the first Superman vs. Spider-Man Treasury worth?

This is my copy, and if I were to sell it (which I am not, sorry) I would want in the region of £50 for it, at least.But obviously, you could pick lesser grade copies up for a lot cheaper.

SSA50127.jpg