• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay now charges a final shipping fee?

46 posts in this topic

Yes FD we all understand the exposure, but as they approach 20% in fees in some cases unless you are planning on dumping stuff is it realistically the place to sell anymore. Traffic there just isnt what it used to be there for sellers. Buyers are learning about other sites finally and ebay just doesnt seem to offer me anything anymore from a seller point of view that they offered years ago. Other then more fees, hassles, and fees it is quickly becoming just not worth it anymore.

Fees on eBay have never been 20%.

What other sites? Seriously, I'd move. You find me a site that gets the number of eyeballs that eBay gets, plus the relative ease of use, plus my built in customer set, and I'll go.

Dan, you sell big volumes on ebay and you sell quite a bit here- what is your expert opinion on what is best to move on ebay versus here?

I'm not asking for time consuming, in-depth analysis- just the nickle version.

If you want things gone, move them on eBay. Everything has a price. If you want market, try them here first.

Dan, you sell big volumes on ebay and you sell quite a bit here- what is your expert opinion on what is best to move on ebay versus here?

I'm not asking for time consuming, in-depth analysis- just the nickle version.

If you want things gone, move them on eBay. Everything has a price. If you want market, try them here first.

(thumbs u

Yes FD we all understand the exposure, but as they approach 20% in fees in some cases unless you are planning on dumping stuff is it realistically the place to sell anymore. Traffic there just isnt what it used to be there for sellers. Buyers are learning about other sites finally and ebay just doesnt seem to offer me anything anymore from a seller point of view that they offered years ago. Other then more fees, hassles, and fees it is quickly becoming just not worth it anymore.

Fees on eBay have never been 20%.

What other sites? Seriously, I'd move. You find me a site that gets the number of eyeballs that eBay gets, plus the relative ease of use, plus my built in customer set, and I'll go.

I said as they approach 20% and they are going that way not down. There are some choices depending on what you are offering. But as you say if you are looking to dump or have a very hot book in the market you still cant beat them.

If Comic Collector would offer real scans I like their format the best currently from other sites, but they lack the crossover traffic ebay offers. They still dont have any strong competition overall. I understand the plight. Once you are doing well there its hard to leave period. I think large volume sellers will only benefit there over the next year as alot of seller drop out due to format and paypal changes.

I simply factor that 15% into my costs and move on. There's no other selling venue that provides me the benefits eBay does for the relatively low cost.

Sad, but true. If I had another option, I'd use it. But there isn't another option.

Lowball offers. I love replying to them. :cloud9:

can't blame 'em for trying to take advantage of sellers in this economy, but some of the low ball offers were down right insulting. :boo:

I get lowball offers all the time. I had a $25 offer for a book that sold for $225. I routinely get offers of 20-30% of my BIN. You really have to wonder why someone would waste their time on these offers, other than to screw with a seller.

And my BINs, while on the high side, are almost always never more than 25% of the 90 day average. There are sellers who consistently list things for 100%, 200%, 300% OR MORE of GPA Avg. There's one guy asking $600 for a 9.8 Plat Batman #492. They may get it, but based on history, the price is wildly optimistic. It's priced at 118% more than it's ever sold for.

But, thankfully, there's an auto-reject threshhold, so I don't have to waste my time rejecting these stupid offers.

Lowball offers. I love replying to them. :cloud9:

can't blame 'em for trying to take advantage of sellers in this economy, but some of the low ball offers were down right insulting. :boo:

I get lowball offers all the time. I had a $25 offer for a book that sold for $225. I routinely get offers of 20-30% of my BIN. You really have to wonder why someone would waste their time on these offers, other than to screw with a seller.

And my BINs, while on the high side, are almost always never more than 25% of the 90 day average. There are sellers who consistently list things for 100%, 200%, 300% OR MORE of GPA Avg. There's one guy asking $600 for a 9.8 Plat Batman #492. They may get it, but based on history, the price is wildly optimistic. It's priced at 118% more than it's ever sold for.

But, thankfully, there's an auto-reject threshhold, so I don't have to waste my time rejecting these stupid offers.

One time on a $400 dollar item, I was offered 30. I was in disbelief, since I couldn't tell if they were serious or not because it was absurd. They really are out to screw the seller. Anyone heard of equity? (shrug)

I didn't have auto-reject at the time. But I learned my lesson doh!

I've had a buyer offer $30 for a $350 item. I countered with a not so nice note and found out he forgot a zero. I like responding to the lowballers. I stopped using the auto reject a couple of years ago.

A few months ago, someone offered me $2.00 on a $40.00 comic book set. I would never encounter anyone going to lowball you at any convention. I know that there is a limit button on there, but It is a $40 item with FREE shipping.

That's about right. I actually got a call from EBay today to explain the upcoming changes and asked for feedback. And an e-mail request from Paypal. I couldn't comment beyond sellers being fed to the wolves and paying to do it.