• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I Miss All Of The Dragon Con Reports?

9 posts in this topic

(shrug)

They don't have comics there. Nothing really, to report.

lol

:gossip: Actually, there were a number of comic dealers at Dragon Con with copious quantities of modern and SA, ...but apparently none of them got the memo that I'd be there (very little GA, unfortunately). :cry:

I can report that my wife (Rachel Caine) had the only elevator wraps at Dragon Con (two elevators in the Hilton lobby); this was a book promotion idea inspired by the zombie movie elevator wraps in the Marriott Marquis at SDCC.

Other than that though, when we weren't working a booth we were usually too busy to take many photos of the dealers rooms (there were three, at least) or events. :sorry:

hm I will say this though: With all of the scantily clad cos-playing fans in attendance there were photo-worthy opportunities for images aplenty to grace General, but with the new forum PG policy in place folks aren't as gung-ho to risk a strike for pushing the prurient interest envelope. (shrug)

One of the funniest comments texted about Dragon Con: "At ComicCon you have to stand in line for hours to see your favorite celebrity; at Dragon Con you can sleep with them!" lol

• Administrator

I was busy helping with Stan Lee, but it was a great show and if I make it back I will have to bring some $$ for goodies. :) I can recommend Max Lager's, though...nice brewpub only a block or so from the con.

I was busy helping with Stan Lee, but it was a great show and if I make it back I will have to bring some $$ for goodies. :) I can recommend Max Lager's, though...nice brewpub only a block or so from the con.

Max Lager's ...? doh! Can't believe I missed a local brewpub. :cry:

We managed to venture out a couple of times from the Marriott to the Hard Rock Cafe, but weren't able to make time to get more adventurous. Oh well, there's always next year, I guess.

(shrug)

lol

:gossip: Actually, there were a number of comic dealers at Dragon Con with copious quantities of modern and SA, ...but apparently none of them got the memo that I'd be there (very little GA, unfortunately). :cry:

I can report that my wife (Rachel Caine) had the only elevator wraps at Dragon Con (two elevators in the Hilton lobby); this was a book promotion idea inspired by the zombie movie elevator wraps in the Marriott Marquis at SDCC.

Other than that though, when we weren't working a booth we were usually too busy to take many photos of the dealers rooms (there were three, at least) or events. :sorry:

hm I will say this though: With all of the scantily clad cos-playing fans in attendance there were photo-worthy opportunities for images aplenty to grace General, but with the new forum PG policy in place folks aren't as gung-ho to risk a strike for pushing the prurient interest envelope. (shrug)

One of the funniest comments texted about Dragon Con: "At ComicCon you have to stand in line for hours to see your favorite celebrity; at Dragon Con you can sleep with them!" lol

Nice! My wife loves your wife's books, Cat. She always tries to pick them up on their release dates. I had no idea you were married to such a talented woman.

(shrug)

lol

Nice! My wife loves your wife's books, Cat. She always tries to pick them up on their release dates. I had no idea you were married to such a talented woman.

Thanks, warlocke!

I couldn't agree with you more. (thumbs u