• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYX 3 bringing in high $$$ - time to sell?

119 posts in this topic

Was watching feebay's lately to trim down the collection of unwanted stuff, and noticed that NYX 3 is hitting consistently over a $100.00 is this the time to sell? Love to hear your thoughts on this before I sell off my 2 mint issues.

I personally think this book is going to go even higher.scarcity,demand and she's a very popular character. 2c
Well, the "investors" can buy 1994's Wolverine #80 if they want her rare first true 1st appearance.

wolv80.jpg

Judge for yourself.

A CGC 9.8 is on eBay for $50 shipped being sold by a boardie. hm

:gossip: Not me.

I personally think this book is going to go even higher.scarcity,demand and she's a very popular character. 2c
Well, the "investors" can buy 1994's Wolverine #80 if they want her rare first true 1st appearance.

wolv80.jpg

Judge for yourself.

A CGC 9.8 is on eBay for $50 shipped being sold by a boardie. hm

:gossip: Not me.

Well yeah, Larry Hama!!!

This was wayyyy before the TV cartoon X-Men: Evolution "1st appearance" too.

A test tube with x23 on it is certainly not a 1st appearance. :makepoint:

A test tube of Wolverine's DNA/blood whatever labeled X-23 and ready to be cloned not good enough for something like this. There she is in that thing, her name clearly written on it. That must constitute as a cameo at least. lol

I risk scorn from marvelfangirl, but this proves my point that by CGC missing this, just proves they don't read the Wolverine books they grade. :roflmao:

lol

That's all that is? I thought there was more to it like an actual full appearance. Seems like she was just a twinkle in her father's eye then.

lol

That's all that is? I thought there was more to it like an actual full appearance. Seems like she was just a twinkle in her father's eye then.

Well, that's one way to look at it Julio. But, this debate isn't over. :sumo:

Just dont see the popularity and demand here. Her book sells like Deadpool she aint and demands a higher price. I know I know they printed like 5 million of NM 98, but is this character really worth more then DP? All I can see are buyers/sellers hoping they can justify there 9.8s or buying them and hoping the bubble dont burst before they sell.

the x23 series is pretty good right now Is why X is popular plus she had that bit with xforce for a while before her own series

Just dont see the popularity and demand here. Her book sells like Deadpool she aint and demands a higher price. I know I know they printed like 5 million of NM 98, but is this character really worth more then DP? All I can see are buyers/sellers hoping they can justify there 9.8s or buying them and hoping the bubble dont burst before they sell.

If you got a cheap 9.8 to sell me please feel free I will add it to my first app collection :)

I have a slab in my collection now and I've read the NYX first series in addition to the X-23 books. I personally like them, not to mention the hot covers that are awesome. I enjoy the character. Read X-Force and didn't really care for it, though.