• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYX 3 bringing in high $$$ - time to sell?

119 posts in this topic

A test tube with x23 on it is certainly not a 1st appearance. :makepoint:
Hard to believe there could be a first appearance that's even more trivial than Darkseid's in Jimmy Olsen 134, but there you have it. Something for completists, maybe, but not for me.

I bought my CGC 9.8 for $150 and I don't regret it, nor am I selling it. But then X23 is one of my favorite characters, and the XYX series is a fantastic read.

First appearance of a character I like in a comic that is well written.

I'm certainly not in a hurry to dump it.

hm

I've got one at CGC right now. Hope the book stays hot for at least 4 more months doh!

Same here. Still in "Verified". Although I don't think mine is a 9.8, I'm hoping for 9.4 to 9.6 range. We'll see. Either way, not bad for finding it in the back issue bin at Vintage Stock for $2.50.

Two things.......

NYX # 3 did go up in value quickly after release as collectors realised what was in it. If it was a "cash in your chips quickly" book, it would've gone down before now. The concept wasn't original but it got off to a good start in a slightly different type of book with NYX. The two X23 mini series were pretty decent but her run in Uncanny X Men was fairly unremarkable. The appearances in X Force were good and popular and the latest ongoing has been surprisingly good. The character has been slowly building up a following rather than being a flash in the pan and I think that a lot of the guys that think the book is going to dive are missing this.

Every frickin person was buying New Mutants by the time that #98 rolled out and it shows when you have a look for copies on sale. How many people were buying NYX? It was a low-key little title which slipped under the radar till after the event and there is enough demand for the book now to fuel some good prices and I'm guessing that this will last for the forseeable future.

My point was that there are way too many graded in 9.8 to go up too much in value(graded wise, unless we are talking about one of the three 9.9's). I think a "demand" has been reached in that arena so to speak, similar to Supergirl #1. But, there is no denying how much I love how Marvel didn't do a second print run on this after $$$ were being realized this 43,000-45,000 printed issue . I believe there was a Marvel Must Have reprint though. That will help continue it's stability throughout, it's somewhat "key" status.

...and I was only trying to point a cool factoid coincidence with Wolverine #80 earlier. Little stuff like that builds a richer history for her in my opinion, but not should be capitalized upon, because of lack of facts behind it.

I think that comic will hold value because of low print run and being a rather popular character. I think that comic was around the $40 with high grades being in the $150 range. But the price with that comic has been in the 40-60 range for a while before going up.. I think it is one of the better modern comics to own, but for now selling would not be a bad idea based on it jumping in value it might be a while before it goes up much more I don't see a reason it would.

My point was that there are way too many graded in 9.8 to go up too much in value(graded wise, unless we are talking about one of the three 9.9's). I think a "demand" has been reached in that arena so to speak, similar to Supergirl #1. But, there is no denying how much I love how Marvel didn't do a second print run on this after $$$ were being realized this 43,000-45,000 printed issue . I believe there was a Marvel Must Have reprint though. That will help continue it's stability throughout, it's somewhat "key" status.

...and I was only trying to point a cool factoid coincidence with Wolverine #80 earlier. Little stuff like that builds a richer history for her in my opinion, but not should be capitalized upon, because of lack of facts behind it.

It is a cool factoid! And I agree it definitely helps with the history. Has it been stated (or strongly implied) that this was the actual instance where they got Logan's DNA that was later used for X-23? I haven't read the issue, but if this is indeed true then I'm going to read it!

It is a cool factoid! And I agree it definitely helps with the history. Has it been stated (or strongly implied) that this was the actual instance where they got Logan's DNA that was later used for X-23? I haven't read the issue, but if this is indeed true then I'm going to read it!
Heavily implied, by mentioning Wolvie's "tissue samples" were used in experiments in a secret facility on "mutant volunteers" who were never heard from again.

I sense a movie would not be far-fetched for this character, especially when connected with Wolverine. I would definitely see it. Since I didn't know about the Wolverine #80 issue, now you have me curious as to the tie in. I knew she came from such an origin, but I didn't know that it was actually in an issue. I agree with the "richer history building" so I'll be looking for it in my LCS bin. (thumbs u

Since I didn't know about the Wolverine #80 issue, now you have me curious as to the tie in. I knew she came from such an origin, but I didn't know that it was actually in an issue. I agree with the "richer history building" so I'll be looking for it in my LCS bin. (thumbs u
These are what these boards should be all about. (thumbs u

I agree that the book probably won't go up in value much now, I just don't think it's likely to drop either. There will no doubt continue to be high grade copies being graded over time, but probably not as many as other titles that had a higher print run. It's a refreshing change to have seen Marvel introduce a significant character in a low-key book without any hype, it harkens back to the old days a bit. About the only thing that could push the values of NYX # 3 up now is in the unlikely event of a successful movie appearance.

BTW, I thought your pointing out the Wolverine panel was cool, I read that comic when it was released and still have it somewhere but was completely unaware of the X23 "appearance" Gives me an urge to pull the issue out and reread it again. (thumbs u

Haven't read any X-23's stories besides a bit of Uncanny X-Force which was decent. I did really like the cover to X-23: Target X Issue 3 so I jumped at the chance to pick up the prelim. Looking at eBay I may just have to check out the trades. Til then I'll just enjoy looking at this :grin:

X-23-TargetX-CoverPrelim.jpg