• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYX 3 bringing in high $$$ - time to sell?

119 posts in this topic

only no one wants the marvel musts haves cause they are reprints lol some guy sticks them up on ebay for around $30 or more all the time I simply just laugh at the $$ he is wasting doing so

I've found 2 very nice copies in 50 cent boxes over the last few years.

Sold one for $9 and the next one for $50.

Guess I should have held on to them.

$9 was way low but $50 is not bad you still made some cash off a book you paid cover price or less for

$50 was about right at the time for a raw copy. It has crept up since then.

$9 was after it had been hot and cooled off, but before it got on its current long-term run of being hot (kindah nice to see a modern comic that has actually been hot for more than a year). $9-$15 was about the market for that issue at that particular time. I ran a 7 day auction with a $9.99 starting bid and nobody bought it. stuck it in my store at an $8.99 BIN and someone bought it in a day. Makes me wonder if I had stuck it in there for $25 if someone might have bought it as prices started to creep up again right after I made that disappointing sale. Auctions are fickle weird things, which is why you can't look at one result and say "that's the market".

Frustrating thing is a I remember being in a comic shop (this came out when I was paying zero attention to new comics) and it not even being new comic day and there still being a full rack of this issue and thinking "that's a pretty interesting cover, but what is that, some sort of teenie bopper goth girl oriented comic or something?" and walking by it. shouldah bought the rack of them!