• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this is the kind of price that drives me nuts!!

36 posts in this topic

My apologies to whomever is selling this book on ComicLink (especially if he is a member o fthese boards...)

but cmon! I see these asking prices and just shake my head and wonder "whaaa?????)

Is there ANYONE out there that will even consider this book at this price? Talk about buying the label!

Nope...........what happens in Aquaman #18 that would make you pay that type of Premium???

I show it booking for $110 so if we even say 5X guide for it since it's a 9.6 non key issues, we are still way short of that type of money.

I've got one of these at the CGC Prison right now, waiting to be graded (or slabbed, or mailed.. who knows).

From all I could tell on mine, it was at least a 9.2, maybe even a 9.4 with any luck. Ill be glad to sell mine for 500$-600$ and feel like a bandit once the money is in my hands !

Here me now, believe me later....

COMICLINK WILL BE ONE OF THE MAIN CAUSES OF A MAJOR PRICE CORRECTION!

Too many bozos listing too many books at too high prices hoping for too many absolute to buy them. No way you live.

dont blame the messenger. Its not comicLinks fault. If he wasnt around, these would still be up on ebay with super high reserves.

And as long as there are no bids on these books, and noone buying them, no harm no foul. Just chalk it up to greed. If it were my book in this crazy climate and I didnt NEED to price it to sell, It might make sense to "take a shot" at a stupid price. I can be cynical and greedy too. But, w/o arguing both sides of this thing, THIS book at THIS price is a couple of bridges too far methinks...

dont blame the messenger. Its not comicLinks fault. If he wasnt around, these would still be up on ebay with super high reserves.

I doubt it, as that costs them money each and every time they relist on EBay.

ComicLink works for ultra-high grade, rare comics, but otherwise it's like one of those freaky stoes you go into to laugh at the prices. Then later you stop going, and then later still you get ticked at the insanity and just drop out of the market.

The whole CL system is flawed, and I'm sure that Josh never envisioned people listing common CGC Bronze and Modern drek at $200-$400 a shot, and then having them hang around for years, like dogs looking for a place to die.

hes reported to be effective in convincing sellers to keep their prices reasonable EXACTLY because it protects his company's reputation. I guess books like this get through anyway. but its silly.

JC, do you mean Hear, not Here?

Uh oh, it's the Grammar Rodeo!

Yes, I made a spelling/syntax error, and you'll also note that I mis-spelled store in the above post as well. The dangers of typing fast and not editing after.

There are tons of books on ComicLink with very high prices.

You can BID, one half of what the seller wants. In this case it would $575.

Is $575 that unreasonable of a price for a book that guides for $110 in 9.2. Assume a 2.5x muliple for a 9.4 and another 2X multiple for a 9.6. Now your at $550. Now assume another 25% for being a Curator copy and your at $688.

Not saying I would pay $688 (I don't collect the title), but I've seen worse.

Also, the beauty of COMICLINK, is that you can put your ENTIRE COLLECTION, with slightly above TOP of the Market Prices, for ZERO cost.

If someone wants to pay that price, you got a sale. If no one wants to pay that price, it cost you nothing and you still have your book. thumbsup2.gif

yeah I understand, thats how it works. And thats why Comiclink is currently the best venue for collectors to sell (I wonder if dealers also list books there, smaller regional and national dealers who dont maintain a daily updated website that is, and want a little income between conventions appearances??)

But while I agree with your reasoning on the thinking behind the price, the bottom line effect is that people like us check out the new books and see Aquaman #18 at over a GRAND and shake our heads! Its the new math of comics pricing (as you wrote step by step) OF HOW A $110 book in guide get turned into a $1000 listing with a straight face and a dream of an eager buyer that makes me sigh with frustration here.

JC, do you mean Hear, not Here?

Uh oh, it's the Grammar Rodeo!

Yes, I made a spelling/syntax error, and you'll also note that I mis-spelled store in the above post as well. The dangers of typing fast and not editing after.

I just dont even care anymore about spelling either, too much of a pain to go back and fix every typo.

But while I agree with your reasoning on the thinking behind the price, the bottom line effect is that people like us check out the new books and see Aquaman #18 at over a GRAND and shake our heads! Its the new math of comics pricing (as you wrote step by step) OF HOW A $110 book in guide get turned into a $1000 listing with a straight face and a dream of an eager buyer that makes me sigh with frustration here.

I understand you shaking your head, but you can't think of this as a $110 guide book. That's the 9.2 price. This is a 9.6.

Regardless of guide price, 9.4 go for 2-3 the price of 9.2, and 9.6 can get another 100% above 9.4's. I believe the spreads are two wide, but that's what they are. confused-smiley-013.gif