• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green River Killer

57 posts in this topic

Bought a giant book on famous serial murderers from a discount store(Building 19) the other day for a few bucks. It had nice short piece on Gary Ridgway involving the polygraphs. I must say, I was amazed how close I have Richard Speck's facial profile from the Dallas mugshots from '61 and '65.

http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Most-Evil-Psychopaths-Horrifying/dp/0785823875

I was so sure other people had these kinds of people in their family tree. I guess I was wrong. :(

Not so much. These people aren't all that common.

Are you suggesting that all family trees should have someone like this? I guess I can get to work on that. Look me up in a few years.

Does it have the Zodiac Killer in the book? :wishluck:
I didn't see "him". I'm looking in the index now and Zodiac is not listed.

:gossip: But, everyone knows the Zodiac killer was one of the graduates some mysterious California-based on Satanist College in the 60's. That were they should have looked back then. :makepoint:

hm Might watch that Blu-Ray again. I know alot elements were exaggerated in it, but it has two of the newest Avengers movie stars in it, Iron Man and the Hulk.

Does it have the Zodiac Killer in the book? :wishluck:
I didn't see "him". I'm looking in the index now and Zodiac is not listed.

:gossip: But, everyone knows the Zodiac killer was one of the graduates some mysterious California-based on Satanist College in the 60's. That were they should have looked back then. :makepoint:

hm Might watch that Blu-Ray again. I know alot elements were exaggerated in it, but it has two of the newest Avengers movie stars in it, Iron Man and the Hulk.

My friend Brian Hartnell is the only survivor of the Zodiac,he's now an attorney in Redlands,California.Certainly does not like to talk about it,but everytime a movie or documentary is made they bother him.He just doesn't want to rehash the same BS.

I was so sure other people had these kinds of people in their family tree. I guess I was wrong. :(

Not so much. These people aren't all that common.

Are you suggesting that all family trees should have someone like this? I guess I can get to work on that. Look me up in a few years.

Geonology :cloud9:

DSC04647Large.jpg

DSC04648Large.jpg

My father's hobby when he retired. Spent a little over six years on it before he passed away. Tracing his roots all the way back to the Mayflower. I inherited his work, it would seem. :)

It turns out I'm related to Greggy too. :headbang:

:jokealert:

My friend Brian Hartnell is the only survivor of the Zodiac,he's now an attorney in Redlands,California.Certainly does not like to talk about it,but everytime a movie or documentary is made they bother him.He just doesn't want to rehash the same BS.

I totally agree with this. It's a private hell(made public) for friends and family when something is rehashed for the sake of doing so through movies or anniversaries. I've recently seen that being done through Kimberly Kates because of the Mount Vernon Murders, through four main trials(kids) and endless accomplice ones(friends of the kids), then the press feeds on the anniversary every year. The family tried to spin the attention though, through holding fundraisers for Kim's work and succeeded putting something more positive out there.

It's what attracted me to this different way of storytelling the Green River Killer. Through graphic novel, it shows another perspective that has never been done before. Even in black and white, you use your imagination on what you want color in this grim world the artist illustrates. It really pulls you in. Now, I could go to Walmart and buy the $5 DVD to the Green River Murders, but to me that seems like more exploitation than "art".

Factoid: The alleged psychic that worked on the Green river case was a clerk at a 7-11 in Kent, Washington I used to frequent. I often wonder if she ever foresaw she'd work at a 7-11 hm

And, no, she was not able to get me any winning lottery numbers.

Factoid: The alleged psychic that worked on the Green river case was a clerk at a 7-11 in Kent, Washington I used to frequent. I often wonder if she ever foresaw she'd work at a 7-11 hm

And, no, she was not able to get me any winning lottery numbers.

Check and Mate.