• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green River Killer

57 posts in this topic

Jerel thanks for the thread bumps. My threads typically died within the day

:acclaim:

I'm surprised no one has guessed even close.

Just today, the 50 year old hearing test lady remembered him after hearing ( :eyeroll: ) my last name.

I have your last name somewhere, but searching through old PMs is a hideously difficult process.

So, make with it.

Is it David Berkowitz?

Just today, the 50 year old hearing test lady remembered him after hearing ( :eyeroll: ) my last name.

I have your last name somewhere, but searching through old PMs is a hideously difficult process.

So, make with it.

Is it David Berkowitz?

OK, here's a clue, the 1981 TV Movie Terror Among Us was loosely based of his crime. It's the only thing in the media that will keep people guessing, that doesn't outright use his name in the title. I thought the Halloween references(especially Halloween II) would have nailed it. Unfortunately, I know 98% of the people on these boards never heard of this TV movie(I grew up watching it whenever it aired in syndication) and a quick search on the internet will give the answer away, but what if...

I hope a mod doesn't come stumbling by. I'm gonna get branded The Candyman in my custom title. lol

So, make with it.

Is it David Berkowitz?

OK, here's a clue, the 1981 TV Movie Terror Among Us was loosely based of his crime. It's the only thing in the media that will keep people guessing, that doesn't outright use his name in the title. I thought the Halloween references(especially Halloween II) would have nailed it. Unfortunately, I know 98% of the people on these boards never heard of this TV movie(I grew up watching it whenever it aired in syndication) and a quick search on the internet will give the answer away, but what if...

I hope a mod doesn't come stumbling by. I'm gonna get branded The Candyman in my custom title. lol

Delbert Ramsey....?

:shrug:

I think there was a movie called Speck about a killer...

I did like that one because they did humanize the victims, like Terror Among Us, adding suspense for the last victim to escape as we cared about her. Speck was portrayed as your typical monster(with severe OCD). I felt the other Richard Speck movie Chicago Massacre: Richard Speck, was a fairly inaccurate exploitation of the event, just to cash in on the victims misery at the hands of a madman. I watched it with a true crime fanatic and even she thought it was a turkey. Personally, I saw better re-enactments on Hard Copy back in the late 80's or even that episode of Sweet Valley High where a mad orderly was snatching candy-stripers. Another one to avoid, is Spine. Another loosely based adaptation that favored bad make-up effects over any storytelling on human survival. That's all my immediate knowledge, of what's available in the media on him.

I was so sure other people had these kinds of people in their family tree. I guess I was wrong. :(

sigh...

now I have to read this...

thanks a ton Jerel...

JJ

I'm talking chills, Jon!

It definitely has some pitch perfect storytelling in the same vein of Stumptown and The Walking Dead(It doesn't have "biters" but it has the same grim eerie tone and the little boy in the beginning reminded me of Carl lol ). I decided I'm gonna go chapter to chapter to better savor it. I'm not a fan of "real-life" true crime non-fiction books, but I'm really digging it's storytelling through this format. It might be a compelling new way to tell these events and offer some legitimate creepiness during the Halloween season. My 2c

Great find Annaka! (thumbs u

Thanks Jerel. I've reread the book twice now, there will probably be a third as well. The intro is great however the slow build and flash backs really made the story. Creepy that bodies are still being discovered.

The best prose book on the subject is 'Search For the Green River Killer' by Carlton Smith.

It was originally written in 1990 or so, well before the killer was identified. It now comes with an update detailing the events of the early 2000s.

I read the first 6 pages of this hardcover and "WOW." I find true crime/detective stories fascinating. Did anyone else pick this up?

15762.jpg

Oh my God, I got the chills with the first few pages. I can't wait to read more.

So now i have to read it

Dispatch Estimate: 22 Oct 2011 :wishluck:

Takes a little longer because of The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor