• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me out with this Ebay item.

41 posts in this topic

Here is a TMNT 1 that I was considering making an offer on.

There are two important things of note on the photographs.

1: "It has "Kevin Eastman" and "Peter Laird" & sketch written on interior cover in pen."

I presume on a blue label this means whoever submitted it elected for a grade decrease due to an unverified witnessed signature. Should this be valuated as the blue label grade? I'm talking real world market prices, not what it should be in a perfect world.

2: He blurred out the CGC serial number. I asked him this question and got the following response.

Q: Hello,

I might be interested in making an offer on this, but I'm just wondering why you blurred out the CGC serial number, and if you wouldn't mind sending sending me a picture without is blurred out.

Thank you.

-Sean

A: I don't want anyone claiming this book on the cgc census. This is the book you are getting, thank you for the interest.

-Peter

- sessnet

Run away?

If anyone would try to claim the book on the census he would just deny the claim. I don't know if that refusal to unblur the serial number means this auction is definitely a fraud, but it would make me wary. If this guy wants to sell me a high dollar book he needs to let me do my research. If he flat refuses to divulge the serial number after you ask for it again nicely explaining that you want to confirm grader notes on the book I would be afraid.

If anyone would try to claim the book on the census he would just deny the claim. I don't know if that refusal to unblur the serial number means this auction is definitely a fraud, but it would make me wary. If this guy wants to sell me a high dollar book he needs to let me do my research. If he flat refuses to divulge the serial number after you ask for it again nicely explaining that you want to confirm grader notes on the book I would be afraid.

Yeah, I'm 99% off this listing already. I sent him the following message.

- I'm not following. If it was graded by CGC it should already be on the census. The serial number is there to protect prospective buyers from fraud and to provide detailed notes on what they're buying.

you should out the seller so people can block him

Yeah, I'm 99% off this listing already. I sent him the following message.

- I'm not following. If it was graded by CGC it should already be on the census. The serial number is there to protect prospective buyers from fraud and to provide detailed notes on what they're buying.

heh awesome :) I bet no reply

Here's the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220844234170&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

He's got over 600 feedback with 100% approval. It (might) not be fraud, he could just be kind of a tool.

What else makes me worry is his ask price is just over GPA. Almost everyone has ridiculous BIN prices up.

Here's the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220844234170&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

He's got over 600 feedback with 100% approval. It (might) not be fraud, he could just be kind of a tool.

What else makes me worry is his ask price is just over GPA. Almost everyone has ridiculous BIN prices up.

isnt that guy a boardie? he probably was referring to registry not census.

I know I meant registry. I am still going with "the seller is a tool" hypothesis until he gets dodgy enough for this to be fraud. He may think that someone can claim ownership on the registry by stealing the serial #. But if he refuses to give it to you so you can research the book, after you explain that, then I would stay away.

Here's the listing.

isnt that guy a boardie? he probably was referring to registry not census.

I don't know. If so then I feel bad for the tool comment, but seriously how do you ask $4000 for the comic but refuse to give the CGC serial number?

For coins Ebay (at least used to) make you give the cert serial number otherwise you're not allowed to call it certified. Why they don't with comics I don't know.

I have seen this and heard of this before. People take the serial # and record it in their registry. I know sellers blur out the #s for this reason. You are jumping to conclusions!

+1