• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy, happy,..joy, joy!!

7 posts in this topic

Just got my latest grades for a batch of 30 moderns....definitely worth the wait.....

Wolverine Limited #1 9.8

Wolverine Limited #3 9.6

Wolverine Limited #4 9.6

ASM #238 9.6

X-men 266 9.8

X-men 267 9.8

X-men 268 9.8

Hulk 330 9.6

Hulk 331 9.8

Hulk 332 9.8

Hulk 333 9.6

Hulk 336 9.8

....life is good.... cloud9.gif

It seems you're getting much better at grading those X-Men books - aren't you?

Larry

I admit my grading has tightened up considerably in the last year on these boards,...I still can not tell the difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 ,...to me both grades are exemplary looking enuf to be more than a 9.4,....but I fail to see what a 9.8 has that a 9.6 does not... 893frustrated.gif..

All of the XM books I've submitted in the last few months have come from the same supply,...they were all unread overstock...to me they all look like 9.6/9.8.....I'd say they've came back 33% at 9.8.....50% at 9.6....15% at 9.4....and 2% at WTF???(That would include a 9.2 and 8.5)........I mean I'm not complaining.....it's wonderful to have 893censored-thumb.gif copies of X-Men # 893censored-thumb.gif on hand in CGC 9. 893censored-thumb.gif... that movie won't come soon enuf me!!! grin.gif

You're prob going to have to wait for 2006 or more likely, 2007.

733 DAYS BABY!! ,Plus they are filming 3 and 4 together so...it shouldn't be to much longer after that they drop #4.....then a Wolvie solo perhaps.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...which could turn Wolvie Ltd #1 into the next Hulk 181/ASM 129/DD168/,...well you get the picture....

I bought a collection from a guy in Manhattan earlier this year - issues 200 through 262. He bought em, read em, and put em away in a box in the closet..

They are from the same owner as the Wolverine books I have up now ( kahml's ebay auctions )

On the Wolverine set, I managed to be 1 up and 1 down from what I expected on 7 of the books. There was only one loser - a 7.0 (which probably would have been 9.2) - I missed a 3 inch light fold on the back cover. Even while speaking with CGC to get the grader's notes, I had to hold the book in the light "just right" to see it.

Well, I sent 19 of the X-Men down to Sarasota. My pre-screening was for 9.4 and better. They should be back within the week. I'm just hoping that my luck holds out.

Larry