• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAL'S Column Early September 2011 Edition - Comics General
2 2

481 posts in this topic

Um, the intent of the joke was still quite clear. I changed it to Yank because we were doing British mama jokes, and Brits like to call Americans Yanks. It was a style choice.

Subtle, I know....

When I was there this Summer they referred to Americans as "Septics" ...mind you it was during a knee's up.

Septic Tanks.

You were obviously mixing in the wrong company.

Dammit, don't tell everyone. I was waiting for Cal to divulge his expertise in Cockney rhyming slang.

It was getting steamy in that gay pub that we wandered into at the end of the evening. :blush:

Totally forgot about that.... wow Rohypnol really works :o

I'll say. You were anybody's that night. ;)

I blame the Puma's.

Um, the intent of the joke was still quite clear. I changed it to Yank because we were doing British mama jokes, and Brits like to call Americans Yanks. It was a style choice.

Subtle, I know....

When I was there this Summer they referred to Americans as "Septics" ...mind you it was during a knee's up.

???

You were under the table at the time, nobody really wanted to look to see what you were doing :eek:

It was getting steamy in that gay pub that we wandered into at the end of the evening. :blush:

That was the Comicana office, silly boy.

Subtle, I know....

Septic Tanks.

You were obviously mixing in the wrong company.

Dammit, don't tell everyone. I was waiting for Cal to divulge his expertise in Cockney rhyming slang.

thank goodness I don't have any..

CAL who does not shiver in his knickers....

Subtle, I know....

???

You were under the table at the time, nobody really wanted to look to see what you were doing :eek:

You and your Nick fantasies.

Subtle, I know....

???

doh!

Subtle, I know....

???

doh!

Good of you to make the effort to appear to be in on the joke.

On 9/12/2011 at 6:29 AM, Pirate said:

Older one but best I could find. I think he's a hermit now.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/pirate23/scalednerd-xmen.jpg

Forensic evidence: NO pic of IMSM thus this cannot be CAL.

CAL a fan of True Crime....:headbang:

28 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

"BY" a child????

Hope not...

It says "but".... Cal's vision is fading and soon he won't be able to tell the difference between a 9.8 and a trimmed 2.5 with moderate color touch and a married cover. 

Just like Cal Riplen, eventually every Cal finds themselves on the bench... :( 

Edited by Buzzetta

39 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It says "but".... Cal's vision is fading and soon he won't be able to tell the difference between a 9.8 and a trimmed 2.5 with moderate color touch and a married cover. 

Just like Cal Riplen, eventually every Cal finds themselves on the bench... :( 

Ripkin.

CAL who is a HUGE Baltimore Oriole fan since boyhood and until the end of time....:angel:

11 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

Ripkin.

CAL who is a HUGE Baltimore Oriole fan since boyhood and until the end of time....:angel:

I had cal sign a ball once but he signed it with what he had... a black ballpoint pen... that hasn’t aged well :(

I have a Jeter bat and the only other bats I would like is an auto Ripken or Mattingly bat.  Even in the Bronx, Ripken commanded respect.  

Ripken was always a favorite of mine despite his obvious shortcoming of not playing in pinstripes. 

Edited by Buzzetta

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I had cal sign a ball once but he signed it with what he had... a black ballpoint pen... that hasn’t aged well :(

I have a Jeter bat and the only other bats I would like is an auto Ripken or Mattingly bat.  Even in the Bronx, Ripken commanded respect.  

Ripken was always a favorite of mine despite his obvious shortcoming of not playing in pinstripes. 

Ripkin's father yanked Cal Jr. out of a game in the middle innings one time - he did not want to ruin the 2,350-whatever playing streak but he had to let the kid know who the Manager was.

All my relatives and friends were hating on the old man except me. I love Cal Jr but the old man WAS the boss - what he says has to go.

I had a Don Buford bat  - broken off throw away - it was the heaviest allowed by MLB back oil the day. it WAS heavy!

My uncle had a Frank Howard full bat - also the heaviest allowed by MLB. Howard used to wave that bat like it was a badminton racket!

Yes I love the Orioles but have extreme respect for the pinstripes. When the Orioles can't win I find myself rooting for the Yanks.

I li ve in S. CA but only went to a handful of Dodger and Angels games. Just not the same. They are okay, I guess, but the Orioles are for me.

CAL who dreamed of being a Oriole starting Pitcher as a small boy. :angel: