• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAL'S Column Early September 2011 Edition - Comics General
2 2

481 posts in this topic

:tonofbricks: This thread is kind of depressing. Why does ANY of this matter? Let it go Cal, this appears to me to have happened long ago and while this thread has been super entertaining, you've gone and insulted RMA's collection and that ticks me off. I quite like RMA and I don't like it when people insult people I like. Call me selfish. :sumo: Step back and put things into perspective. There are plenty of people here who probably think it's weird that you collect so many copies of one issue, but I'm sure they've held back out of respect, because that's what considerate people do. You also publicly wrote off Mike who is one of the most respectable members of this board, and I KNOW you respect him since you've said it a few times yourself. Is that really what you want? To break all your allegiances before this series of treads is done?

It's fine to have opinions about things, or to have a problem with something, but you're dragging down (or seemingly trying to drag down) other great individuals with you and I, for one, am tired of seeing this happen! Based on what I see, you have been the instigator from the beginning and I really think you need to realize that.

Please! Cal, I like you for a few reasons, but you're sure as heck making me not like you for a few other reasons. Why do this to yourself? Do you want revenge? If not, then what, for Pete's sake?

Please, answer that question for the board. :shrug:

You like RMA?

:hi:

Oh, don't you try it, Mister. You're still on my snit list. I don't remember why anymore....

hm

...but you ARE, so don't you go cozying up to me.

:sumo:

hm

Holding a grudge in a thread from someone who would be the authority on holding grudges.

:baiting::banana:

:tonofbricks: This thread is kind of depressing. Why does ANY of this matter? Let it go Cal, this appears to me to have happened long ago and while this thread has been super entertaining, you've gone and insulted RMA's collection and that ticks me off. I quite like RMA and I don't like it when people insult people I like. Call me selfish. :sumo: Step back and put things into perspective. There are plenty of people here who probably think it's weird that you collect so many copies of one issue, but I'm sure they've held back out of respect, because that's what considerate people do. You also publicly wrote off Mike who is one of the most respectable members of this board, and I KNOW you respect him since you've said it a few times yourself. Is that really what you want? To break all your allegiances before this series of treads is done?

It's fine to have opinions about things, or to have a problem with something, but you're dragging down (or seemingly trying to drag down) other great individuals with you and I, for one, am tired of seeing this happen! Based on what I see, you have been the instigator from the beginning and I really think you need to realize that.

Please! Cal, I like you for a few reasons, but you're sure as heck making me not like you for a few other reasons. Why do this to yourself? Do you want revenge? If not, then what, for Pete's sake?

You like RMA?

Oh, don't you try it, Mister. You're still on my snit list. I don't remember why anymore....

hm

hm

Holding a grudge

Just to be sure, it's only dry humor.

You like RMA?

hm

You have a spread sheet? How else could you remember everyone? hm

You like RMA?

hm

hm

Holding a grudge

Just to be sure, it's only dry humor.

Yes. I was trying to convey that with this :baiting: and this :banana:

Since they don't have a graemlin for "I have nothing to contribute other than with you for giggles because I am bored and should be working right now so don't take me serious", I went with those. :)

I should petition Arch for some more graemlins but he is probably off looking for more prurient postings. :whee:

You like RMA?

hm

hm

Holding a grudge in a thread from someone who would be the authority on holding grudges.

:baiting::banana:

oooh, UNLIMITED GRUDGE thread hm

I am a noob. Cal is really cool. I would love to have a beer and watch NCAAF and NFL games with him and speak at each other for hours about how great we are...in the third person. He seems like a really fun person to be around and learn from.

Let me guess you are Pianolady on Ebay???

This thread needs more cal-bot.

I made this ages ago, but it's still an appropriate response to the above:

HEARTS.jpg

I'm know I'm waaaay late to the game, but I figure this thread is the best one to get an answer to a question I've had for quite some time. A while back, Par2ch ran a charity auction for cancer research, and asked forum members to do cover sketches, which were then auctioned. I never found out who won mine...was it anyone here?

I can't draw worth a lick, but I do know a professional artist, so I told him what I wanted, and he drew it for me. So, the question is, who now owns this?

calbot_cover_by_bollin_2009.jpg

I'm just curious. If the winner wants to remain anonymous, that's cool.

Who in their right mind would have that many IMSM #1s?

CAL thought there were only a few hundred copies of this book that existed in high grade and thought he could corner the market. After he bought several hundred and he couldn't effect the market price, he realized he'd left out a zero or two from his initial calculations.

Despite Cal's insistence that he was victim of an upswell of 'anti-CGC' feeling on the eBay boards, it was actually this that started the rot over there.

As a new poster over there, he laid out his plans/intentions. When the logic was questioned by some very knowledgeable collectors, things started to fall apart. doh!

this is true. Never denied this. Not once. Ever.

BUT

BUT

BUT you guys( and SKY, and another lady who has NOT posted on my recent threads in an uncharacteristic manner) are LEAVING OUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM...

don't make me spell it out again.Just admit what the FACTS are regarding my "case" and I promise to drop everything. I DARE you you admit it, maybe that will work.

Can't stay long because I gotta go.

CAL who WILL prove his case - by getting them to admit just ONE little detail that they just won't budge on...

aww gee how nice I am proud to be lumped into any club Sky belongs to too and you called me a lady bravo...

Sorry I've not been posting in your self absorbed threads been busy, sick myself and oh yeah my brother is dying..

which is way more important than your constant complaining about something that happened in 2002

So what important item did we leave out of whatever the hell it is you are talking about???

What detail?

Edited by Not*Sure*

I don't really know whats going on,as per usual.

but thought i'd say hi to RMA,Cheri,Mike,water...

has Darkmind posted here yet and everyone else,

..the academy ...

Jimmers,crazier than a house rat,

smells much better tho'

Jimmers

everyones getting by darndandy here.Just enjoying a nice day off with

the lady and animal kingdom,with plenty of hard cider and stinkysmellyskunky

Sorry to hear about your brother.Am going to bowl for you right now.

Jimmers,who lives in THC friendly lands....