• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dodgy?

4 posts in this topic

Just browsing through eBay and came across this seller. He has some good books up for auction, but looking deeper into it his auctions they look very dodgy to me. All the photos are different, and if you look at some of them (Batman #129, #139, SS #4, Avengers #4) they certainly look lifted from other eBay auctions.

I've looked through his history and he has no feedback as a seller although he's recently sold some high(ish) dollar books. His buying history is all for Modern drek too from what I can see. He could be legit, but he definitely looks dodgy.

EDIT: He has bought older stuff too.

If this is a 5.5 I should have him grade my books...

Bats 139

Seriously, I think the different backgrounds in the various listings are all the red flags you need to stay well clear of this guy's auctions. Unless he lives in a mansion and enjoys scattering his collection about every room when he's prepping his listings, I highly doubt these are legitimately his.