• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #42

7 posts in this topic

So I have already had this graded but different people have said that the grade I received was a little harsh. Without supplying the grade I received, I am curious as to what people think this is deserving of off the bat. It is a signature series and since it was already graded, it is sealed which is why the scan is blurry. The colors are actually not as faded as they appear and still quite bold, it's just the plastic covering in the scanner. So I guess it's hard to get a good image. Let me know whatever you think. What I am mostly concerned with is how low the grade should be because of the edges.

Amazing%252520Spider-Man%25252042.jpeg

Thanks... that's close but better than what I was given. The spine is not actually damaged per se, it's more like the other edges of the cover where it's just worn.

As far as the inside, the pages are cream to off-white which should count more in it's favor from what little I know about grading.

Thanks... that's close but better than what I was given. The spine is not actually damaged per se, it's more like the other edges of the cover where it's just worn.

As far as the inside, the pages are cream to off-white which should count more in it's favor from what little I know about grading.

Again though, from the provided pic it's just a guess. from what I see 4.5 - 5.0 is the best grade I'd expect, but a 4.0 would not surprise me at all.

You are really close, it was actually a 4.0. I guess it wasn't as harsh are some people are saying. the difference in monetary value between a 4.0 and 5.0 isn't severe enough to really worry about it. Plus it's signed so I don't think I can re-submit it and still have it be a signatures series by the time it gets graded again but I could be wrong.