• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on Teen Titans #1 (1966) first issue...

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was looking for a more obscure silver age title for both investment and personal collection aspirations. This title came to mind because unlike Iron Man or Silver Surfer #1; this issue appears to be undervalued right now. Speaking from an investment stand point is this a fair analysis or am I completely insane to even consider buying this issue under these circumstances?

For the record, I do like the 'bronze age,' but feel that titles like Giant Size X-Men #1 have already reached their 'prime.' Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you...

Hello,

I was looking for a more obscure silver age title for both investment and personal collection aspirations. This title came to mind because unlike Iron Man or Silver Surfer #1; this issue appears to be undervalued right now. Speaking from an investment stand point is this a fair analysis or am I completely insane to even consider buying this issue under these circumstances?

For the record, I do like the 'bronze age,' but feel that titles like Giant Size X-Men #1 have already reached their 'prime.' Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you...

I think it's all well and good for it to be undervalued, but what would be the catalyst to unlock the value?

I would think some of the problem with Teen Titans #1 line of thought is that like Batman/ Superman/ Amazing -Spiderman/ Iron Man none of those title are the first appearances.

The first incarnation of the team unofficially debuted in The Brave and the Bold #54 (1964) as a "junior Justice League" featuring Robin ( Grayson), Kid Flash (Wally West), and Aqualad, the sidekicks of Leaguers Batman, the Flash, and Aquaman, respectively. The group then made its first appearance under the name "Teen Titans" in The Brave and the Bold #60, joined by Wonder Girl (Donna Troy), the younger sister of Wonder Woman.[1] Green Arrow's sidekick, Speedy (Roy Harper), later took Aqualad's place in the lineup.

While I like the Teen Titans, they have been rehashed so many times that it would take something major to set off a big jump in prices. ( Though I believe it will continue to appreciate in value a bit year to year )

If you really like the title and the characters, then it would be a nice investment for yourself personally.

Hello,

I think it's all well and good for it to be undervalued, but what would be the catalyst to unlock the value?

Worldwide mind control convincing everyone it was a Marvel comic

Hello,

OS Market Report touting high demand?

:P

Titans are a good book overall, but if you a purely looking for investment (to unlock) this probably isn't it. (coming from a guy that collects Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen)

Buy the Titans because you like them and you will be happy overall. Nothing is going to happen near term to just drive the value up.

Yes, I was talking from an investment aspect; as most number one issues have already experienced massive price increases. This title appears to have flown under he radar for some time, unlike most Marvels and DC comics of the silver and bronze ages...

I would go with Iron Man #1 or Giant Size X-men #1, but both have appreciated greatly fairly quickly due to the movies and their overall popularity.

Hello,

Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf.

Hello,

Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf.

? What am I missing here, FlyingDonut...?

Hello,

Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf.

I think the fact that he is barking like a dog added to the highlighted investment stand point = a thumbs down (you asked for opinions)

Hello,

Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf.

He thinks it's a dog. :gossip: