• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick help needed from the board..Signing books...

6 posts in this topic

I just found out that Joe Sinnott is going to possibly be at an opening tonight in my area, and I wanted to go and take a couple of books for him to sign if he is willing. Never having done this before, is there a preferred place for an artist to sign? ie cover, first page, etc.

Also, ball point pen ok? I'm not looking to flip these or anything, these are for myself. Should I ask him to personalize them?

Answers needed quickly.

Thanks, Red

The times that I have had a creator sign a book for me, I always ask them to personalize the signature.

It means more to me when it's personalized. cloud9.gif

I'm not the type to go get signatures on stuff to flip.

If I get the chance to meet them, I want to keep that memory on a book or sketch.

My personal preference is in a Metalic Marker, Silver or Gold depending on cover.

Shows up alot better then a sharpie.

But sometimes a good black (soft tiped) marker would do.

I would like to think he has his favorite writing pen of choice with him, if he knows he will be signing alot of books.

And as for placement.

Do the cover.

That way you can see it in Mylar or frame without opening.

And normally he will place it on the cover where it fits best,

Unless you wanted him to write. a novel...

Dear Brad.

I love your photoshop work, and could you please do a photo of me with Stan Lees Body and my face! I consider you my hero on the CGC boards.

I hope all your comics are unpressed , and your CGC slabs uncracked!.

Yours truely

Joe S.

My personal preference is in a Metalic Marker, Silver or Gold depending on cover.

Absolutely.

I have some books signed in gold and silver paint pen that look as good now as they did 15 years ago.

The paint pen makes the signature POP off the cover.

cloud9.gif