• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on the CGC label!

10 posts in this topic

For those experts out there, can you help me for this question:

What Label do I get if I have a blank cover book sketched by 1 artist (unwitnessed by CGC) and have it signed by different artist (the creator of sketched character) witnessed by CGC rep? Will it get Yellow Signature Series label or Green Qualify or something else? What Label if it's inked/colored by an artist from Signature Series Opportunity?

Thanks!

Although inwoulda be curious as to how cgc would handle an unverified sketch that had ink and coloring witnessed.
I have had that done before, they will grade the book and have the sketch as a flaw...if the book is 9.8, per say, the book will likely get 5.5-7.5 yellow label

This book was penciled and inked by Boardie Rino. When I got it, it was not colored.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-120.jpg

This sketch was on the back, and I loved it as much or more than the main image.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-121.jpg

So I had Mike Champion color it at Chicago, and slabbed it so i could see both sketches. I specifically did not request SS, because the authentication was of no import. I am very pleased with the decision. I think it would look dumb in a 2.0 yellow label holder saying "sketch of Vision on cover colored by Michael Champion. lol