• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PG HULK 102

15 posts in this topic

No grade. TONS of very bad touch up

Can you point out the touch ups. I'm just trying to figure out what touch ups and other restorations look like for my own personal knowledge.

I would give the book a 7.6 - 8.0

i can't see any. it seems like the obvious places to touch up would be the ones where the color was rubbed off. but those are left untouched. it looks to be cover with very bright colors that somehow got some color rubbed off before it was put into storage.

No grade. TONS of very bad touch up

+1 (thumbs u

It looks like someone ran over the black line of the spine with a marker. Notice in the large scan how the line "bleeds" where there are visible spine cracks. Right edge looks bad as well.

I think there is a major contrast problem with the pic that makes the colors look rubbed and touched. I think the book is likely problem free, but i sure wouldnt spend any money to find out based on that photo.

Yeah that was my thinking either it is touch up which thinking it might not be just that it is very dirty and has had some color rubbed off and such over the years..Some of the places where you think they coould color touch it is not and other possibly could be but don't know and lol they graded it a 9.0(way over graded) Last book i bought just took the easy route out and bought a CGC graded one of Journey into Mystery #113 NICE COVER and looks 100 times better then this and it is only a 8.0 Thanks All