• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Gifts?

71 posts in this topic

Wow, I looked at deepdiscountdvd.com, umm...where's there discount? The fact they don't charge shipping? I could get better prices then this at my local Best Buy

It just depends on what you're looking for, Murph! With new stuff, there's no way anybody's going to beat Best Buy or Circuit City... but with non-new releases and non-blockbusters and whatnot, they usually have them beat by a couple bucks at least.

But Half.com sounds promising.......... wink.gif

what I got for Xmas:

My wife and I got each other a family gift: new TV for bedroom

Check from mom and dad towards baby crib and dresser/changing table

Those rockers with rocking ottoman from mom-in-law (really useful for my wife so she is comfy come breast feeding time in May)

from my sis and her fiancee Eddie Bauer Car seat for baby - should last until they are old enough to sit without one (unless they get real fat like Daddy!) I'm hoping we pick up the Eddie Bauer stroller; if you've ever seen it - this baby stroller is built for off-roading! It's got shocks and these rugged all terrain wheels - sort of like the monster truck of baby strollers!

clothes = 2 sweaters, 2 pairs of pants for my ever expanding waistline; new socks and underwear (always at Xmas b/c that's the only time I change 'em wink.gif )

fun gifts:

Simpsons Monopoly - so much fun that I played it with my family and wife almost every day since I got it. I won once but I've always made it a point to own Moe's Tavern! doh!

Trivial Pursuit - I've learned how much trivia I don't know! Too many current events questions...who cares what's going on in the Middle East, really? tongue.gif

2 Spider-Man ornaments; one for the tree; one for the rear view mirror! Sort of weird seeing Spidey hanging next to Jesus's cross in my car, in the same pose and all...makes for a confusing time confused.gif

I buy my own comics and usually hook up my cousins. My wife will never buy them for me, which is just fine.

I'm back from break and wish you all a Happy New Year!

Happy new year, Darth!

We played Trivial Pursuit too at my grandparents house. Unfortunately they have a 10 year old version of it. My sister (24) and me (25) don´t know very much about 10 to 20 year old events, we are much better with newer Trivial Pursuits. We played in teams, my mom and I came in second after my Dad and his sister, then my sister and grandma and last but not least my aunt and uncle...

Spiderman in the same pose as Jesus right next to him? I don´t know, sounds a bit sacriligous (spelled right?) to me. Maybe you put one of the two in another place. Spiderman is cool, but Jesus is better, right?