• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought my AF15!

57 posts in this topic

Personally I think I could have done a bit better with some patience, but I wanted to buy it before the NYCC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200652450231?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

$4335. With free shipping I'm figuring comic itself is around a net $4300 flat.

AF15.jpg

Here's GPA for 2.5's that have sold this year.

Jul-17-2011 $3,651 Cert# 1053553004

Feb-26-2011 $4,025 Cert# 0175845001

Feb-09-2011 $4,500 Cert# 0175230001

Jan-09-2011 $4,481 Cert# 0914149002

On the minus for this copy it's Cream to Off-White pages and I prefer OW or better. But I can live with CROW pages on a 2.5 comic from 1962. I also don't care for the ink marks over the cover price.

On the plus side there is no chipping, and aside from the ink marks I think it presents well for the grade.

Most of all, it's the first appearance of Spider-man! :cloud9: I consider Spider-man to be the Superman of the Marvel universe. This one is definitely a keeper unless I decide to upgrade later.

Great Book!!!!

Nice.... so who would be the Marvel equivalent of Batman?
Marvel doesn't have one.

You could argue the Hulk.

Spidey isn't even Batmans league. :baiting: Do the math son, he's effing BATMAN ^^

I guess it all depends on your criteria. Like Batman, Spider-man has been a household name for decades. While Batman gets mad respect for being an icon, no doubt Spider-man has a place right next to him. The only edge Batman gets is is a 23 year head start.

+1

Same league, even with the head start.

Congratulations! I wish that I could knuckle down and save up for an AF15, but I get too easily distracted and buy other books instead. Well done for having the discipline to MANNUP!

I don't think you will ever regret that purchase, I hope you enjoy it (thumbs u

The best thing is you can now buy all of the cheaper issues and not worry about dishing out the $$$ for the big boy!

I was tempted to settle for an ASM 1 because for the money you can get a really nice looking copy. But the first appearance of Spider-man was something I just couldn't overlook. Had the right XM 1 or TMNT come along I might have gotten one of those instead.

As for the rest if Spider-man issues, we're talking years! to accumulate.

The best thing is you can now buy all of the cheaper issues and not worry about dishing out the $$$ for the big boy!

I was tempted to settle for an ASM 1 because for the money you can get a really nice looking copy.

You bought the right book. (thumbs u

It looks great for the grade too. Cover image is fairly clean.