• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WISH ME LUCK!!! CGC HERE THEY COME!!!

49 posts in this topic

Alright you guys...my comics start heading out tomorrow to CGC for grading. I took all of your advice and am submitting my Uncanny X-men #1 - #150 20 books at a time.

I have three boxes going out tomorrow:

Box #1: I am using my 3 Free Express Coupn for 2 Giant Size X-men #1 and X-men #94

Box #2: I have X-men #95 - #114

Box #3: I have X-Men #115 - #134

If all goes well, my next batach will be:

Box #4: X-men #1 - #10 & #135 - #144

Box #5: X-men #11 - #29

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

The Power of Christ Compels You!

(There, that got rid of all the little grading imps....don't worry, you'll do fine!)

(There, that got rid of all the little grading imps....don't worry, you'll do fine!)

Careful Brad..

We dont want pea green vomit to cover his comics before we send them off to CGC.

boo.gif

Good luck on the submissions.

Remember...X-Men from #94 up can be submitted through the Modern service as long as the single book value is not over $200.

This will save you money on some of them.

Don't waste books that can go through Modern on a higher priced service.

thumbsup2.gif

Careful Brad..

We dont want pea green vomit to cover his comics before we send them off to CGC.

Oops, too late....

exorcist.gif

HOLY HELL that is funny....gross, but funny.

Good luck on the submissions.

Remember...X-Men from #94 up can be submitted through the Modern service as long as the single book value is not over $200.

This will save you money on some of them.

Don't waste books that can go through Modern on a higher priced service.

thumbsup2.gif

That's why I split them up the way I did.

lol!!!

Honestly, if I get 8.5 or up on all my books I will be happy. I'm not reselling them ( except for the double and triples I am auctioning off right now to defer some of the CGC cost of grading my good books ) so I will be happy with some really good grades, they don't have to be all 9.4's....

...maybe over time I will buy better books to replace some of the lower end ones I have, but I am fairly confident with the lot I got.

my comics start heading out tomorrow to CGC for grading. I took all of your advice and am submitting my Uncanny X-men #1 - #150 20 books at a time.

I'm not reselling them.

If you're not getting them slabbed to resell, you're totally wasting your money.

Oops, I think my advice is a little late... foreheadslap.gif

my comics start heading out tomorrow to CGC for grading. I took all of your advice and am submitting my Uncanny X-men #1 - #150 20 books at a time.

I'm not reselling them.

If you're not getting them slabbed to resell, you're totally wasting your money.

Maybe initially he is not, but the work will all be done if he decides to sell and that way if money does become a concern in some sort of fashion you just cant wave a magic wand and all of a sudden there graded! Besides they offer a nice display that way insane.gif

Davidking623

I'm not reselling them.

Maybe initially he is not, but the work will all be done if he decides to sell and that way if money does become a concern in some sort of fashion you just cant wave a magic wand and all of a sudden there graded! Besides they offer a nice display that way insane.gif

Davidking623

Also he said he's going to pass them on to his kids in the future. I'm sure they do not know how to handle the books, so encapsulating them will protect the books from future mishandling and damage! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Timely

If you're not getting them slabbed to resell, you're totally wasting your money. Oops, I think my advice is a little late... foreheadslap.gif

Well, it's like this:

If you have something of value that can be damaged easily, specially comic books, and you have NO idea what they are worth, how they grade, and/or you don't live anywhere when you can get them appraised the cost of getting them CGC'd for a collection like mine is worth the money.

If my collection is sitting here in the house and the house burns down, they are stolen in a burglary, soaked from a broken pipe or flood etc. etc. etc. I will be able to say **BAMM** this is the replacement value of my collection. Sitting around with them in bags it is hard to explain replacement value on books I am "guessing" on.

It is peace of mind, they will be very well protected and yes...if some day I become so hard up for money that I ( or my son...the recipient of these books ) they could be turned for a handsome profit.

Plus, I have "guessed" for 25 years about the "value and grade" of my books, now I will know. Besides, I just really want to do it. grin.gif

Also he said he's going to pass them on to his kids in the future. I'm sure they do not know how to handle the books, so encapsulating them will protect the books from future mishandling and damage! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Timely

Exactly wink.gif

I'm not reselling them.

Davidking623

Timely

But what about the reslabbing every 7 years, is that kind of like the creatine loading phase?