• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you have to choose one comic cover...

77 posts in this topic

This has always been a favorite cover of mine. I had it on a folder when I was a kid and was always DYING to actually read the comic. That didn't happen for years, but it didn't disappoint when I finally got one. Mine is a nice raw VF/NM, I borrowed this scan from Clink:

RADBAF372011718_105331.jpg

This has always been a favorite cover of mine. I had it on a folder when I was a kid and was always DYING to actually read the comic. That didn't happen for years, but it didn't disappoint when I finally got one. Mine is a nice raw VF/NM, I borrowed this scan from Clink:

RADBAF372011718_105331.jpg

I fell in love with the Mead marvel binders (couldn't afford any though). :cloud9:

Thor. SpiderMan. Fantastic Four.

Are we talking Bronze books?

Any cover spanning the time from the dawn of comic bks to the present, do not let the dictates of it being key or non-key influencing your choice

However, you did post your thread in the Bronze forum, hence the focus on you know, Bronze covers.

For now, I'll settle for Batman 221.

Ohhhh that's a good one! My favorite Adams Batman cover.

Mine too. (thumbs u

It's a brilliantly designed and executed cover, and I feel it should be appreciated much more, tending to be popularly overshadowed by 227's homage cover, as you'll know. :)

It's a tough book in HG too (in my experience). Storms actually had a really nice copy in B'more (NM- at quick look). Nice price too. I would've nabbed it, but I had already spent my budget. Was very close to saying eff the budget. But, I held strong.

Where can I get one of those "budgets"? It sounds helpful.

It's simple. Plan a wedding, book everything and then call it off. None of that stuff is refundable, so you have to pay a bunch of money for nothing. It's worked wonders for my comic expenditures. :censored:

Eek, sorry to hear it

My answer would change every day. Every hour probably.

Thanks for that universal self-understanding personal insight!!! Its group to be here with like-minded comics enthusiasts!!

76272328660.1.GIF

ooohh, that reminds me, Bring on the Bad guys! Wonderful cover I would just stare at as a kid.

Noticed how Romita had perfected the definitive look of these archetypal marvel villains and set the standards for how these characters are being drawn in animation and comics, influencing artists like Byrne (style reminiscent of Golden Age artist Bob Powell) on how Dr Doom would look. See how the Green Goblin, Red Skull and Loki is looking so GG, RS and Loki respectively in the grand Marvel style. Its a pity we don't get art like this no more since the 90s.

It's simple. Plan a wedding, book everything and then call it off. None of that stuff is refundable, so you have to pay a bunch of money for nothing. It's worked wonders for my comic expenditures. :censored:

Sorry to hear this. :(

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, too

There's no way I could pick just one cover, but this one would be up there. Besides being terrific, its the 2nd Hulk I bought off the stands so it has nostalgia working for it, too.

Plus I have an easily located scan handy.

Hulk197.jpg